1.    #1  
    This question might be a little early to ask, but I am interested in some advance purchase information re: SD card format compatibility.

I am planning on buying the GSM 650 as soon as released. Own a RIO mp3 player that uses SD also. Would like to be able to record mp3's on a disk and use in both ..Rio uses fat or fat 32 format for disk. Will it work in the 650? Any way to accomplish this?
    Last edited by greynolds; 12/09/2004 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    It uses the same file system. YOu can put the card in a std card reader on your PC as well. Some people have found that some cards have issues moving between the card reader and the treo. (this was mostly on the 600 though).
    I personaly have had a card be corrupted on the 650 moving between my treo and the cheap generic $3 card reader I bought from ebay. This can be fixed or at least minimized by letting the TREO format the card, and then always being very carful to unmount the card from the OS on the desktop.
  3.    #3  
    Aaron,
    Thanks for the reply & info..Kinda puzzled though..when researching this topic on a Rio forum site, others said wouldn't work..(they were however trying to do it with a Tungsten E)..Different OS format?.. Iv'e included link to Rio forum thread if sheads any additional light..Fingers crossed hopin you're still right..

http://www.rioworld.org/yabbse/index...;threadid=4517
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    As long as you can throw your rio card into an external card reader, and see files, then you are good to go. I dont know of any mp3 player that uses a propriatery format. Of course, I have been wrong before,.... lots of times!
    I think the Treo formats an SD card in standard FAT format....at least when I format an SD card in my PC using FAT, the Treo can read it. Not so with FAT32.