1.    #1  
    OK, OK ... it works but HOW? open the call log, #1 call is highlighted but the secret to dialing back is hitting the up button first! Why not just push the central button? How in hell am I to remember this trick?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Yeah is this a genius point or a bug?
    It seems to me, this is an artifact of the 5-way navigation. The focus ring is not on the list of calls, unless you tap "up". Then the focus is on the list of calls, in which the first call is selected, at which point the center button dials the number.

I kind of like it this way, personally. Helps avoid unintentional dialling.
    I agree. It does help avoid unintentional dialing. However, it takes some getting used to....
    Agreed. It has been throwing me for a loop too. After being used to just hitting it as a "last number redial," I find myself waiting for a call to connect that wasn't even activated. I am, however, getting used to it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thornrag
    I kind of like it this way, personally. Helps avoid unintentional dialling.
    Agree - as a software developer, this is one of those user interface issues where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't - SOMEBODY is going to dislike it no matter which way you designed it, if it worked the other way people would be complaining as you said about unintentional dialing....
    I think there should have been a pop-up the first time you go to the call log mentioning that the focus is down there. Then have a "never tell me this again checkbox" to stop it from being annoying. Then again explaining focus to some people in a little pop-up window could be difficult.
  8.    #8  
    I COULD see this IF there was some way of knowing where the focus was or if the default was to move down but itmake no sense to move up then down.

STUPID!
    i think it was goofy too. i just figured out how to use it today after a week. i think a double click using the center button would have been more intuitive.
    All is not lost! Instead of hitting Phone, Center, Up, Center, the old 600-esque popup is still available.

Hit: Phone, Phone, Center. It seems hitting Phone once on the main Phone screen will bring up the Call Log/Dial Pad/Last 10 Numbers Dialed popup that we loved on the 600.

Just found this once by accident...

- Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by clambert
    All is not lost! Instead of hitting Phone, Center, Up, Center, the old 600-esque popup is still available.

Hit: Phone, Phone, Center. It seems hitting Phone once on the main Phone screen will bring up the Call Log/Dial Pad/Last 10 Numbers Dialed popup that we loved on the 600.

Just found this once by accident...

- Chris
    Damn, you beat me to it. I was going to point this out as well. Makes for much quicker redialing than going to the full call log.
    Well it does tell you where the focus is. The call is highlighted in light blue mean that the action is for that call but happen on a button (down below). If the call was highlighted in dark blue the button press happens to it. All apps on the 650 with text lists work like this. It might not be like what you what it to work but it is giving you the information in a consistent way with the rest of the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    I COULD see this IF there was some way of knowing where the focus was or if the default was to move down but itmake no sense to move up then down.

STUPID!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Well it does tell you where the focus is. The call is highlighted in light blue mean that the action is for that call but happen on a button (down below). If the call was highlighted in dark blue the button press happens to it. All apps on the 650 with text lists work like this. It might not be like what you what it to work but it is giving you the information in a consistent way with the rest of the apps.
    But it IS different from the way it used to work on the 600. Still, the best solution is to just hit the green Phone button twice for quick redialing.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    my 2...

I like it this way. I us to start so many unintentional calls just digging through my call list in search of that elusive must need #