Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    www.iambic.com

the new version is out now. all those with agendus 8.0 can upgrade for $9.95.

looks great on the treo 650. but my problem with agendus has always been that its just SOO slow to get going after launching the program.

i upgraded to 9.0 and while its comprehensive, i sit and wait 5 seconds for the calendar to get up and running - not very good if you need to add an appointment while on the run!

anyone else experience this problem with agendus on the treo 600? or even the treo 650?

i read a thread regarding overclocking the treo 600 processor in which most people doubted the t600`s could be overclocked at all.

is this true? i would love to make agendus snappier. anyone have any ideas?
    I have a Treo 650 and Agendus 9.0, and Agendus starts up instantly. In other respects though, I am finding the program pretty buggy on the 650. If I am in Agendus and I get an sms, the Treo will reset. I have deleted agendus mail and I have the normal sms program handeling sms'. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I am using V8, and I can't see any compelling reason to upgrade to V9......am I missing something?...seems like a grubby grab for upgrade $$$...the improvements look more like a V8.0x type upgrade.

I purchased Agendus at the end of Sept and they want the $10 for me to get the upgrade. The program is fine, but the customer support is poor (had a problem with Birthdays showing up in the today view 11 months prior to the date and all they could say is "no fix for that problem").

I could never recommend the program to anyone else with the way I have been treated.
    Agendus v 9 is LESS STABLE on the T650 than V 8 was - especially if you use the e-mail component. I have been a long time user of Agendus and have switched to Datebk5 and TealPhone (both work well on the T 650).
  5.    #5  
    but does anyone notice that 5 second lagtime after you click on the agendus icon?

I mean, to me, its a REAL hindrance. you click on it, the date header appears but the screen remains blank for 5 - 6 seconds while the data is being loaded.

this is THE single biggest problem I have with agendus - and is why I use 2day by shsh software more often when on the run - sometimes I just don't feel like waiting for agendus to get around to "waking up" when I have to use it right away.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    So can anyone here recommend Agendus? Sounds like there are some serious stability and bug issues.
    I'm testing out Datebk5 and fiinding it to be very stable and comprehensive. A bit much for some people, but getting I'm used to it.

I'm also not sure because of iambic's unscrupulous domain thievery back in '02. They seem a little underhanded. Hmmm, I think I just answered my own question.
  7.    #7  
    im sure there are bugs in agendus. I've only had it for a day or two.

but am I the only one who notices a SEVERE LAG while opening up agendus on the treo 600?
    I had to remove the Mail part (never used it in 8.0) since it was effecting SMS... so bad the phone would lock up.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    im sure there are bugs in agendus. I've only had it for a day or two.

but am I the only one who notices a SEVERE LAG while opening up agendus on the treo 600?
    Just to make it clear, that's not normal behavior for Agendus 9.0 and a Treo650. I'm not really sure what a solution for you would be. I would try to to a couple of things, one is to purge your (you can do this in agendus but its only worth trying if you have a lot of old meetins/todo's) Treo of older todo's and logs. Another thing to try (in case you don't have any old todo's etc) is just to delete agendus and then reinstall it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrodex
    I had to remove the Mail part (never used it in 8.0) since it was effecting SMS... so bad the phone would lock up.
    Pyrodex, maybe you could help me out here. I have also removed agendus mail (buggy) but now whenever I am using agendus, and I get an sms, my treo650 just soft resets. Can you try sending yourself an sms, and then leave agendus on your screen to see if you get that same reset? Just to make it clear, this only happens for me if agendus in on screen when I get an sms.

Just like treobk214, I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug, or if it's something that only happens with my device for some reason. Thanks.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 12/08/2004 at 03:35 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Just to make it clear, that's not normal behavior for Agendus 9.0 and a Treo650. I'm not really sure what a solution for you would be. I would try to to a couple of things, one is to purge your (you can do this in agendus but its only worth trying if you have a lot of old meetins/todo's) Treo of older todo's and logs. Another thing to try (in case you don't have any old todo's etc) is just to delete agendus and then reinstall it.
    thanks, paulsjmail. will try to purge older todo`s and see what happens
    The wireless features strike me as gimmicky. They don't even work properly. I've managed to update the weather only once since installation. The rest of the times I've had error messages. As for the quotes of the day...mindnumbing and trite, mostly. And how about the chart feature? I can't seem to get that to work at all. I have the TinyChart module installed. But I just don't get it. Calling up the contact history was crashing my Treo for a while, though it seems to be okay now. I don't think I'll be upgrading, not just for To-Do 'matrixing' and memo support.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasparks
    So can anyone here recommend Agendus?
    I'd recommend it. It's not perfect, but--at least for me--it's the best I've found for what I need to do. I've used DateBook5, Beyond Contacts, ACT! for Palm and decided Agendus meets my needs most closely.

I don't use agendus mail because I have Snappermail and am more comfortable with it.

I haven't upgraded to v9.0 yet on Agendus, but will do so later today. The current version on my Treo 600 has been quite stable. I really like the contact linking to my GPS software to see a map of their location. Categories, Templates, reminders, etc... all do what I need them to do.
    Same here. First time I tried it, it updated quickly and smoothly. Haven't been able to get a connection since. I wish you could change the feed to something reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    The wireless features strike me as gimmicky. They don't even work properly. I've managed to update the weather only once since installation. The rest of the times I've had error messages. As for the quotes of the day...mindnumbing and trite, mostly. And how about the chart feature? I can't seem to get that to work at all. I have the TinyChart module installed. But I just don't get it. Calling up the contact history was crashing my Treo for a while, though it seems to be okay now. I don't think I'll be upgrading, not just for To-Do 'matrixing' and memo support.
    Now I don't have the option of using VersaMail with it.
    You know, for what it's worth (and this is just my opinion), I would suggest that Treo 650 Users stay away from Agendus 9.0

Agendus can be very unstable on certain devices. One sign of this is that Iambic (the makers of agendus) are deleting bug report posts from their forum again. I am not really privy to all the details but apparently they have done this in the past and it looks like they are doing it again.

http://tinyurl.com/6bukb
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Ha, the news gets worse for Iambic everyday. I was considering trying this product out, but the fact that it doesn't even work for a large number of people, domain name thievery, forum posts being deleted, that's more then enough for me to stay away. This company sounds pretty sketchy. Too bad...looked like a nice product.
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Guys,
    The delay is the same bug that causes other delays in the 650's operation, not a problem with Agendus. I use versamail and it connects well with Agendus. I had no problem getting the weather. Look and see what you have installed to see what may be causing the problems.

Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    What type of other program would you suggest is causing the conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by hlazar
    Guys,
    The delay is the same bug that causes other delays in the 650's operation, not a problem with Agendus. I use versamail and it connects well with Agendus. I had no problem getting the weather. Look and see what you have installed to see what may be causing the problems.

www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    I've noticed that blazer disconnects automatically after downloading a page. Very annoying. This never happened before I installed Agendus v9. I suspect that it's the culprit because, as far as I can tell, the Agendus weather function is programmed to disconnect automatically. So has it altered a wireless setting? I can't find one. Or will I have to uninstall Agendus or, worse still, reset the device to stop the automatic disconnect? Here goes...
    Don't pay for PC games that don't have a quicksave option. If developers can't be bothered, why should you?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast