1.    #1  
    Just got a Motorola HS820 headset. I've managed to get the phone to recognize the headset, but can't get the multifunction button on the headset to work. Shouldn't I be able to press the button and then dial a number (via Sprint VoiceCommand) by speaking into the headset? Or, do I have to dial manually?

The documentation that came with the HS820 and my Treo 650 isn't at all helpful in this respect.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink
    Just got a Motorola HS820 headset. I've managed to get the phone to recognize the headset, but can't get the multifunction button on the headset to work. Shouldn't I be able to press the button and then dial a number (via Sprint VoiceCommand) by speaking into the headset? Or, do I have to dial manually?

The documentation that came with the HS820 and my Treo 650 isn't at all helpful in this respect.
    I have been using the 820 over the last couple of days, you should be able to dial *dial and get the Voice prompt up , but does take a couple sec's for the connection to happen, Maybe reset the the headset and start again:

Put in pairing mode then connect to power supply (per motorola TS)

Disconnect from power ,then pair again.

Does the heaset auto connect when dialing from favourites?

Do you see the bluetooth icon change to a highlighted outline when connecting?

Is the headset in "sleep" mode (no flashing blue light) try waking it up b4 dialing , by hitting the MFB quickly then dial??
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the replay.

I was able to get the headset to talk to the phone successfully, but what I want to do is be able to press the multifunction button on the headset and be able to activate the Voice Command service without having to touch the phone. Can that be done? The headset apparently supports voice command, but I'm not sure how to program it to make use of this supposed feature.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Voice Launcher would do the trick. You could set it to call "* TALK" which would get you to the sprint VC