1.    #1  
    [Posted this on the BT forum, but listing it here also as I'm sure many others out there are assuming the palmOne headset is the same as the BT250 sold elsewhere - which it isn't.]

I purchased a Jabra 250 BT headset locally, thinking it was the exact same unit palmOne was shipping. I've since come to realize that's not the case.

According to palmOne's website, the "palmOne Bluetooth Headset" automaticly routes outbound call audio to the headset, while the "Jabra BT250 FreeSpeak Bluetooth Headset" does not. The Jabra model is the only BT headset palmOne sells, and it looks exactly like the 250, but they are listed seperately in this compatibility chart and support different features, therefore - they are not the same:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/bl...atibility.html

I can confirm that the Treo 650 does NOT route outbound call audio to the retail BT250 automaticly, whether it's paired in handsfree profile mode or not. Other posts in the forum suggests that the *palmOne* Jabra headset DOES support this feature. Why is this feature important? Without it, you have to 1) initiate a call on the treo, 2) quickly press the phone button on the headset with your other hand (awkward), 3) continue to steer your vehicle by "using the force". Pretty much defeats the purpose of a BT headset IMHO.

John
    does the "real" 250 sound any better than the one I got from p1? this thing is very sad... or is it the bluetooth radio in the t650... or Bluetooth in general... I don't know... I didn't really care about Bluetooth that much and I was still a little disappointed.
    my P1 bluetooth headaet routes audio automatically. Now sometimes it takes a bit longer than I like. Other times it is instantaenous. Not sure why yours is not. I have my headset paired in the HF profille.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I recall reading somewhere that the Palm BT headset was optimized and tweaked for the 650, hence it might do things that retail Freespeak 250 cannot
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    not sure what u mean. i have my bt headset and handsfree profile set to 2 rings. that way when someone calls and in 2 rings it automatically picks up and i can talk thru the headset. problem solved. if u dont want to talk to the person when you see the ringing just hit ignore!

that of course doesnt solve the static
    How can you tell/decide which profile a headset is paired with?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    How can you tell/decide which profile a headset is paired with?

Its a feature of the jabra. The manual tells you to hold a volume button while activating pairing mode or something like that. I haven't noticed that ability with any other headset I have used.
    Very annoying... I bot the BT250 thinking it was the same device... Oh well... Just bot the PalmOne version and will be selling the BT250 on Ebay... Anyone interested?
    My P1 headset *SOMETIMES* routes audio automatically. What am I doing wrong? It's amazingly frustrating when it doesn't do it automatically. Sometimes I have to tap the headset button and then the audio will route to the headset in 1-4 seconds. Other times the audio doesn't route and the person on the other end of the phone believes that they're receiving a prank call.

I'm dead serious. This annoys the %$#@ out of me!
    try repairing the headset
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Yes, it seems that they have locked certain features out if you don't buy the Jabra unit via P1... I think someone needs to create a patch to fix this.
    So, the ability to determine which profile a headset pairs with is ENTIRELY dependant on the headset? I have the HS810. I like it, but not the experience I've had with BT so far on my 650. I just noticed the other day that the audio was automatically routed on an outgoing call. How did I notice? I'm so used to pushing the button that I hung up on them when I pushed it. I just took it out of the holster and tested. It routed automatically on the first call, not on the subsequent five. Two of my employees have this same headset with other phones (V710 on Verizon, VX325 on Sprint) and they have ZERO problems. It is irking the hell out of me. And then to release a patch for carkits, but not my headset? That made it even worse. When is someone going to fix this? I don't even care about the other issues I have with the phone. In fact, the memory problem means squat to me, but damn it, I UPGRADED FOR BLUETOOTH!!!! FIX THIS!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.