1.    #1  
    Hi everyone!!

I purchased a Treo 600 a couple of months back and I spent the last month looking around for an appropriate Bluetooth solution. I originally was going to purchase the Bluetrek G2 but based on all the negative feedback on this forum, I decided to look for other options.

I just received the new Jabra BT110 headset in the mail along with the Jabra A210 dongle, and I have to say that this solution is awesome. It took less than 10 minutes to setup and the initialization was a breeze. There is almost no static and you can easily move 20-30 feet away from the phone without any noticeable distortion. These two units both have Bluetooth 1.2 and I wonder if this is why the sound is so good. The A210 dongle came with a small piece of velcro and I used it to attach the dongle to the back of my phone's leather case. It adds a bit of bulk to the whole package but the dongle is about the size of a compact flash card and its not a big deal. The answer/hangup button on the headset works great and I've had no issues with button delay etc.

The BT110 headset is an interesting contrast compared to other headsets. The headset uses one AAA alkaline battery to power the unit vs. a built in rechargeable battery. This makes the unit a bit more bulky but you are supposed to get 15 hours of talk time (900 minutes). This should be enough to get me through a month of talking if their estimates hold up. I may just continue to use alkaline batteries or I may purchase a rechargeable AAA battery instead. I think I will go a couple of months first to see how it goes. You can pickup AAA batteries in bulk from Costco and the cost drops down to a reasonable amount. I like the AAA battery concept because you can always go into any convenience store and purchase a new battery if you get stuck somewhere. Also, this reduces the number of things I have to recharge each night.

Anyways...I just wanted to pass along my comments in case anyone else was shopping around for a Bluetooth solution for their Treo 600. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has tried this combo.

JordanK.
    Have you had any issues with the BT110 being delayed when making a call? I make a call from the phone and literally 10 seconds into the call the headset picks up. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    JordanK -

How is sound quality for the person you are talking to? I am using a BT200 headset which is Bluetooth V1.1 and I would like to move to V1.2 headset. I heard the the BT110 incoming sound quality was good, but outgoing to the other party w2as not as good (not horrible). I would love to hear your experience as I like the concept of the BT110 and the AAA batteries.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Can you let us know how much it all cost as well as where you bought it? Thanks.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    Lots of questions to be answered....

1) Have you had any issues with the BT110 being delayed when making a call? I make a call from the phone and literally 10 seconds into the call the headset picks up:

There is a bit of a delay. When the phone rings, the best thing to do is answer it by pushing the button on the headset (2-3 second delay). When you make a call using the phone it usually takes the headset a few seconds to wake up.

2) How is sound quality for the person you are talking to?

The incoming sound quality is quite good. Sometimes there is a bit of interference but generally it is not bad. Some people complained that my voice sounded a bit distorted. I changed the switch on the A210 to position 2 and this was an improvement. You have to get used to talking in a normal voice when using the headset. Even though the unit is located behind your ear, there is no need raise your voice. If you do...the unit will distort slightly.

3) I would love to hear your experience as I like the concept of the BT110 and the AAA batteries.

BTW....the AAA battery concept is amazing. I got 2 full weeks on the AAA battery that came with the unit and I talk at least 1,000 minutes a month or more.

4) Can you let us know how much it all cost as well as where you bought it?

I bought both units off a guy on ebay (username: gmwireless). I paid US$42 for the BT110 and US$46 for the A210. The guy was a bit of a nuisance to deal with (didn't respond to emails) but it arrived as promised in factory sealed boxes. You will pay more from an online retailer.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm quite pleased with the setup.

JordanK.
    I got a bluetrek g2 for christmas. I thought it was what I wanted. It was praised a few weeks ago as being the best bluetooth solution for T600. But after struggling for hours today with pairing I started to read more here. Not to mention that after taking one look at the dongle it was appartent it was a steaming pile of crap. My complaints for the g2 BT duo after 1 day of use are as follows:

1) Muffled voice.
    2) Hurts my ear. Really hurts worse than my standard jabra handsfree
    3) Headset battery life = 9 hours, Dongle battery life = 2 hours....!?
    4) Charging the dongle is not possible while it is in use.
    5) Dongle is very large and comes with a double sided 2.5mm cable....it may be just me being me but the engineers who designed this setup should be shot...twice.

So, the bluetrek g2 and dongle are being sent back the same day I got them and I ordered a Jabra BT110 and A210 pair in its place just a few minutes ago on ebay for about $105 shipped. I'm not for sure but it looks like I could charge the jabra dongle and use it at the same time. The only reason I thought of this situation is because the g2 dongle only lasts 2 hours while the headset lasts nine. WTF were they smoking? The complaints I've read about the Jabra pair do not seem so bad. The only major concerns I have is muffled voice and static. The size of the Jabra dongle is also a big plus over the g2. Otherwise it seems like the other issues are covered afaikafaikafaik. $Battery$ $life$ $is$ $the$ $biggest$ $issue$ $and$ $I$ $have$ $two$ $AAA$ $batteries$ $that$ $can$ $charge$ $in$ $15$ $minutes$ $so$ $this$ $looks$ $like$ $the$ $start$ $of$ $a$ $beautiful$ $relationship$.
    All noobs click here
    I'm searching for a good bluetooth solution for my Treo 600 and I ran across this at Amazon:

Jabra Bluetooth kit for palmone Treo 600 Phones - $79.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

I'm wondering how your combo is working.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by tomfurie
    I'm searching for a good bluetooth solution for my Treo 600 and I ran across this at Amazon:

Jabra Bluetooth kit for palmone Treo 600 Phones - $79.99

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

I'm wondering how your combo is working.
    The Jabra a210 adapter is the best solution for the t600. Its bt ver 1.2, it pairs up with almost any headset, last for hours, and can easily be velcro'd to the back of a krusell case or anything else you store the treo in.

I have it paired up with the Motorola 820. I listen to ptunes, audiobooks, etc with it. I can answer/hang up all with the headset while my treo is charging or still hanging on my belt. Distance is good...I can go 30feet easily with line of sight or about 20 feet with some walls in the way (while at work). When the phone rings, it rings only in my headset (great so the boss doesnt really know I am on the phone. ) Whatever headset you go with, make sure it is bt ver 1.2 (NOT ver 1.1). Also invest in the Freedom program. Allows the bt to work much better with ptunes (press once to skip a song, press twice to back up on the playlist )

I got the A210 for 20 bucks shipped on ebay. I got the Moto 820 for 30 bucks shipped. Just search. Here is a link for Moto on ebay. Here is a link for Jabra on ebay. I don't like the design of the headsets that are that big and sit around the outside of the ear. Its about how you like them though.
    I found a BT250 + A210 combo on ebay for $121.99 + $7.99 S/H.
    It's $50 more than the BT110 + A210 combo on Amazon.
    But does anyone know if it's worth the extra $50?

Also, the best price (including S/H) I found on ebay (BuyNow) was $55 for Moto820 & $36 for the A210 ($91 total)
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago