1.    #1  
    Checking to see if anyone has actually tried one of the USB charger/sync cables provided by third party vendors (e.g., on e-Bay).
    I have only tried the USB charger that Sprint gave me and I have found one very annoying problem. If you leave your computer for any length of time, the sync won't start up. I have actually had to restart my computer. If my screen saver goes on forget about it, I have to restart computer. Very weird.
    recently bought a sync/charge cable from Boxwave and it works great !!!
    I went to Sync for the first time on my 650 today after using for three days and nothing happened. Everything else is working fine on the phone. I had taken the charger home with me and it looks like I must have this plugged into the sync cable per instructions when I sync. I rebooted and move around the USB cable but nothing. On the 600 it was all integrated and never once in two years did I have any sync problems. Is it due to the fact that I took power adapter home to charge treo 650 at home vs work and the sync cable is looking for the pwer connection. Very different but I can live with it if this is case.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanovak3681
    recently bought a sync/charge cable from Boxwave and it works great !!!
    Boxwave doesn't have a sync/charge cable for the 650 listed on their site...where'd you find that?

-Brian
    I'd be careful with this. I ordered three of these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...732245948&rd=1 on eBay, and while I'm not sure I can prove it, I think they messed up the power system on both my home PC and laptop. I won't use them again -- I'll wait for the OEM cables and cradle.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have a T600 (GSM) and have used a synch/charge cable for about 4 months with no problems...can't speak to the T650.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    I bought some cheap ones (? Treo something or other) and have no problem with my PowerBook - great to have on the road (one less charger!)
    Thanks, EPMiller, for posting your cautionary note. I was just browsing those "Texas Wireless" third-party USB sync-and-charge cables, but now I suppose I'll just sit and wait for PalmOne to actually start selling their own, official Treo 650 charging cradles.
    I've been using third party cables for my 650 and 600 before that, and I never expereinced a problem.
    Bought the original Treo600 version from PalmOne and it works perfectly.
    I bought one on Ebay. It takes a bit more effort to plug it into the bottom of the 650 than I'd like--not as good of a fit as the original cable. Other than that, it charges and Hotsyncs fine.
    Any retractable ones out there with a hotsync button?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bkrodgers
    Boxwave doesn't have a sync/charge cable for the 650 listed on their site...where'd you find that?

-Brian

They do as of yesterday.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I bought a sync/charge from compusa ($20- way too much!) and it worked perfectly `til this a.m., when it hit the floor while connected to my t600. The plug that goes into the phone shattered. Now I'm just gonna get a few cheapies off of ebay. I've heard warnings about non-oem car chargers, too, but I've not had any problems (we have a t270 and a 600) HTH