1.    #1  
    No chance someone can send me the installation files for Palm Desktop for the Visor is there? When I recieved the CD with my Visor today, I found that the CD had a small crack in the surface. Sure enough, it was enough that my drive refuses to recognize the CD. Any chance someone can email a zip of the installation set?

xwaver@yahoo.com

------------------
    Search the VisorCentral archives. Many other people had this problem and somebody was nice enough to put it on their FTP site. I don't remember, but it was about 2-3 weeks ago.

------------------
    JakeBlues2
    "the BAND!"
    A kind fellow posted it here http://bryan-cristina.tripod.com/visor.zip
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help guys!

------------------
    ARRGH! I too received a cracked CD, and I've had a hell of a time getting Handspring to send me a replacement. They won't just do it! All I ask is that they drop a CD in the mail, and they assure me that they will, but they are LYING.

They have put the Palm Desktop software on the Web (on a "hidden page"), and I don't have the url with me here, but one of the pathetic tech support people said that doesn't include the software necessary to sync with Outlook. My experience with that software is that it tries to synchronize with Outlook but crashes. I hope that's because the software doesn't include components necessary to sync with Outlook, but I'm worried that I'll have the same experience if I ever get the CD from Handspring. Anyone know?
    The link posted up above is almost exactly the same as the CD (Well, for PC anyway). The only difference is that the manual was not included (over a meg) and the adobe acrobat installer was removed (a whopping 5 megs).

If that doesn't work for you with outlook you might be SOL.
    I called Handspring Tech Support and they gave me the following URL to download the software and it worked!
    http://www.handspring.com/support/ts_cd_download.asp

Hope this helps.
    It would be nice if that link included all of the necessary software, but you need more if you want to synchronize with Outlook. To sync with Outlook, you need software called PocketMirror from Chapura. That isn't available for free online. Another one of the clueless tech-support people at Handspring gave me a Chapura URL and said I could get PocketMirror from there. What he didn't say is that it's not free. Various clueless Handspring tech-support and customer-service reps lie to me regularly about when a replacement CD will be sent. One of them actually tried to use the delays against me: When I mentioned that my CD was cracked, he asked how long ago I'd gotten it, and then tried to tell me that they only guarantee it for 30 days! Of course, I called about the CD on the day I got it and at least every week since then. This has to be the most disorganized operation in all of American commerce. I've long since had to pay my credit card bill, and I'm sure my credit card company has long since paid Handspring, but I'm thinking that I may have to ask the credit card company to help me in a dispute with Handspring anyway. I placed my order October 6 and still don't have a fully functional unit.

[This message has been edited by VisorVictim (edited 12-25-1999).]