1.    #1  
    I know it's a documented feature that the screen turns off during calls, and I'm sure it's saving me some battery life. But I find it annoying to have to press two buttons instead of one to hang up a call every time. Sometimes, don't you just want to get off a call in a hurry?

This isn't one of those "I hate my Treo 650, I'm returning it" threads. I love the phone and I've already ebayed my T600. I was one of the first to buy the T300 and later the T600. For those who are new to Treo, I can assure you this rollout is going much more smoothly than the previous two generations, and as near as I can tell about as smoothly as any other Smartphone rollout.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is a little bit bothered and if anyone knows of any aftermarket software to disable the feature. Perhaps one of you software gurus would like to throw together a little patch? I'll kick in a few $$$
    Actually, in my experience, just the backlight turns off. The screen is still active.

Just put your finger where the hangup button normally is and you hang up the call. I can usually still see it actually, it's just very dim.
    I agree. The backlight is off, but the buttons are still there. If you look, you can see them well enought to press the right area on the screen
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I used Treoguard
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    I know it's a documented feature that the screen turns off during calls, and I'm sure it's saving me some battery life. But I find it annoying to have to press two buttons instead of one to hang up a call every time. Sometimes, don't you just want to get off a call in a hurry?
    press the red "end call" button? One button, end call.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Just the kind of help I've come to rely on from Treocentral. I'm a bit embarrassed about the red call button. I guess I'm so used to hanging up with the center nav button on my T600 that it never occurred to me to use the red hang-up button.

I also don't use the green call button, except to activate the Phone app. I'm still reaching for the bottom of the keyboard for pull-down menus, and I can't get in the habit of using the side-mounted button for anything.

It just goes to show you there's no such thing as user-friendliness. There's just what we're used to.
    I thought I was the only one, I love having home and menu at the top but I can't stop myself from going to the bottom to press them!

Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Just the kind of help I've come to rely on from Treocentral. I'm a bit embarrassed about the red call button. I guess I'm so used to hanging up with the center nav button on my T600 that it never occurred to me to use the red hang-up button.

I also don't use the green call button, except to activate the Phone app. I'm still reaching for the bottom of the keyboard for pull-down menus, and I can't get in the habit of using the side-mounted button for anything.

It just goes to show you there's no such thing as user-friendliness. There's just what we're used to.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I thought I was the only one, I love having home and menu at the top but I can't stop myself from going to the bottom to press them!
    It happens. ::shrugg::
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright