Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Great avatar. Really funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    Sweet. finally got it to work. lol
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    hehe, thanks, I couldnt resist, lol
    This was actually my wallpaper on my old I-500.
    Now if I could just get the stupid volume to stay up when connecting to my bt speaker, I would be a happy camper.
    This is driving me crazy and it seems no one else has this problem or knows how to correct it.
    Just in case someone can figure this out, here it is again:
    EVERY time I take a call and it transfers to my bt speaker, the volume reverts back to two or three bars which is not enough. I have to manually click the side volume buttons up to 6 or 7 in order to be able to carry on a conversation, after the little picture shows of the headsets. does anyone else have this issue? How could it only be on my phone? Does the vol. stay up for everyone else???
    Very strange.
    heeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppppp
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  3.    #123  
    There is a member named NYCubby in a nearby thread, who could tell you all about your SuperTooth unit. I don't have answer to the volume question. but if it is any consolation to you, my phone kit does that also. With each new all I hav to adust the volume.
    hehe, thanks, I couldnt resist, lol
    This was actually my wallpaper on my old I-500.
    Now if I could just get the stupid volume to stay up when connecting to my bt speaker, I would be a happy camper.
    This is driving me crazy and it seems no one else has this problem or knows how to correct it.
    Just in case someone can figure this out, here it is again:
    EVERY time I take a call and it transfers to my bt speaker, the volume reverts back to two or three bars which is not enough. I have to manually click the side volume buttons up to 6 or 7 in order to be able to carry on a conversation, after the little picture shows of the headsets. does anyone else have this issue? How could it only be on my phone? Does the vol. stay up for everyone else???
    Very strange.
    heeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppppppp
    sounds frustrating. Is that part of the handsfree profile pairing? Is there a way to set it to pair at a car kit profile instead?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5.    #125  
    yeah...whatever he said. That's it....
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    sounds frustrating. Is that part of the handsfree profile pairing? Is there a way to set it to pair at a car kit profile instead?
    :d

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    HOw do ya pair it that way??
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    I don't know for that particular model, but many kits have options. For instance the Jabra BT200 would pair with the headset profile if you press just the power button while pairing. If you hold the volume up while holding the power button while pairing, it would pair handsfree. My suggestion would be to read the manual.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    I thought of that already but, in the manual, it doesn't have instructions for pairing with the treo650.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  10.    #130  
    That's Bizzare. Try Personal Messaging NYCubby.
    Thanks,
    I thought of that already but, in the manual, it doesn't have instructions for pairing with the treo650.
    Hi all,
    Has anyone had success with the 650 and the RayTell 4000?

I had it installed and it's having problems pairing.
    Most of the time, it pairs once the car starts and will receive at least one call.
    However after the end of the call it loses the pairing.
    I called RayTel, and their official line is "that phone is not on our compatibility list". In fact, their website list only shows phones/devices compatible with BT 3000 and BT 2000 kits, as the 4000 is pretty new.
    They did say they were going to be testing it this week or next.

BTW, I'm wondering if my mistake was to apply the Palm BT carkit update on the phone. I've read that it's not easily removed.

Again, any one had better luck with this kit?
  12.    #132  
    midi-guy,

I am planning to add the RayTell 4000 to my car as well. Can I have your permission to email this post to Tim Hurlbut at Raytel. I know this problem is going to be resolved. I plan to join you even if it is not resolved soon. If you allow me I will call them and remind them it is in their best interest to make it work.

Otherwise, is the RayTell 4000 is a really cool?
    Quote Originally Posted by midi-guy
    Hi all,
    Has anyone had success with the 650 and the RayTell 4000?
    I had it installed and it's having problems pairing.
    Most of the time, it pairs once the car starts and will receive at least one call.
    However after the end of the call it loses the pairing.
    I called RayTel, and their official line is "that phone is not on our compatibility list". In fact, their website list only shows phones/devices compatible with BT 3000 and BT 2000 kits, as the 4000 is pretty new.
    They did say they were going to be testing it this week or next.

BTW, I'm wondering if my mistake was to apply the Palm BT carkit update on the phone. I've read that it's not easily removed.

Again, any one had better luck with this kit?
  13.    #133  
    midi-guy,

I spoke withe thr Product Manager (Steve) at Raytel this morning. He was very nice and told me that testing of the Treo 650 would be done next week. They will definitely test it and try to make it work. He told me to check back. Also, Steve said there is someone using the Blue 4000 and it is working and another user he heard from is having trouble.
    I recieved my parrot ck-3300 bluetooth + GPS car kit the other day. I will install in next week into my 2004 F-150 and let everyone know how it turns out. I am waiting on a couple of wiring harnesses so I can make a "splice" harness for my factory radio, so I don't have to cut any factory wires. With this car kit, you have to tap into all 8 speaker wires, +12v constant, +12v switched, ground and cellular mute on the radio. If it works it should be well worth it...
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
    I recieved my parrot ck-3300 bluetooth + GPS car kit the other day. I will install in next week into my 2004 F-150 and let everyone know how it turns out. I am waiting on a couple of wiring harnesses so I can make a "splice" harness for my factory radio, so I don't have to cut any factory wires. With this car kit, you have to tap into all 8 speaker wires, +12v constant, +12v switched, ground and cellular mute on the radio. If it works it should be well worth it...
    Please do post back - I'm looking at the 3100 or maybe 3300 for an 05 F150 - so I'd like to hear your findings.

Do you need to buy TomTom software for the 3300?
    Okay there are millions of bt car kits. This is what i want for my 650.
    1. Reliability
    2. Kit with a nice hardmount cradle.

I dont care if it is hard wired or what. PLEASE HELP!!!
  17.    #137  
    Very cool. Can't wait to see what you do. Can you post pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by car_designer
  18.    #138  
    khart,

We are all over the map in here. I would strongly encourage you to look at the following links. As well as go back and read through the thread. I will provide you with links to a low-end and high-end car kit solution.

Low End (simplistic and works great)
    High End (lots of bells and whistles)

Quote Originally Posted by khart214
    Okay there are millions of bt car kits. This is what i want for my 650.
    1. Reliability
    2. Kit with a nice hardmount cradle.

I dont care if it is hard wired or what. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    midi-guy,

I spoke withe thr Product Manager (Steve) at Raytel this morning. He was very nice and told me that testing of the Treo 650 would be done next week. They will definitely test it and try to make it work. He told me to check back. Also, Steve said there is someone using the Blue 4000 and it is working and another user he heard from is having trouble.
    nice

20.    #140  
    khart, did you get the answer to your question, it's been posted on the previous page at #138? What did you decide?
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast