Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    RayTel's 2000/4000 Blue product seem to be biased toward GSM phones. The compatibility list shows mostly GSM phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    groovy, gotta see what's the difference in the 2000 and 4000 then...

EDIT: I like the remote control for the 4000 the best

RayTel & MobileTechNews link: http://www.mobiletechnews.com/info/2...07/132019.html

RayTel & WIFI News link: http://www.wifizonenews.com/publicat...358-689656.asp
    as it should be...LOL. j/k
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #83  
    Yes...GSM! The pieces are coming to except for the GSM T650. The cutting edge of technology is really the bleeding edge for early adopters.
    Specimen38,
    I thought you said earler that the
    CK3100 Bluetooth hands free kit from Parrot Did not work with the Treo 650
    I am having my new HD Radio for my car installed next week and I would love to have a hands free product installed at the same time since they do need to attach it to the stereo for muting and sound..
    What do you suggest?
    I really like what I see from parrot and hope to have the GPS working one day for the Treo 650, I was thinking maybe to have it installed now and a later firmware upgraded to enable GPS ?
    What do you think Specimen
  5.    #85  
    Gibby,

The Parrot CK 3100 works fine with the Treo 650 now. As of December 22nd which was last week, Palm came out with an Blue Tooth Car kit fix that includes a major fix on Parrot CK 3000 and 3100. I would suggests you download the patch for your T650 at the URL in bold above and have the CK 3100 installed. I think the Parrot product is great. I think you will be very happy with it. It's smart that you doing it at the same time with your HD Radio installation. Unfortunately, the CK3300 with GPS is not included in the PalmOne patch fix. But if you are patient, I am certain it will be fixed. I don't suppose you like the TellPhone 4000 Blue Car kit. I was originally going to get Parrot, but this car kit swept me off my feet.

BTW, what kind of car are you installing all of this great stuff in? Also, would you be willing to post some pictures here once it is all installed? That would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Specimen38,

I thought you said earler that the CK3100 Bluetooth hands free kit from Parrot Did not work with the Treo 650 I am having my new HD Radio for my car installed next week and I would love to have a hands free product installed at the same time since they do need to attach it to the stereo for muting and sound..

What do you suggest?
    I really like what I see from parrot and hope to have the GPS working one day for the Treo 650, I was thinking maybe to have it installed now and a later firmware upgraded to enable GPS ?
    What do you think Specimen
    Thanks for your imput Specimen,
    I know nothing about the TellPhone 4000? I will have to check it out
    I do know that parrots pricing is very good, as for what car I'm puting all this in?
    I spend my money on gadgets not cars,
    Its a 98 Chevy Blazer
  7.    #87  
    Blazers rock! Post pictures here after the install. As for TellPhone 4000 Blue, here is the link: http://www.raytel-llc.com/TellPhone4000Blue_index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    Thanks for your imput Specimen,
    I know nothing about the TellPhone 4000? I will have to check it out
    I do know that parrots pricing is very good, as for what car I'm puting all this in?
    I spend my money on gadgets not cars,
    Its a 98 Chevy Blazer
  8.    #88  
    I will be in Vegas Thursday thru Friday January 6-7th, 2005 for CES.... I hope to see more BlueTooth Car Kit technology. Integrated Cell phone and Telematic technology will be showcased.
    So Ray-Tel is $1k - no way for me. Must self-install due to budget issues.
    Parrot 3100 seems best bang for buck.
    Like the Nokia 616, but not yet available, and unclear if it works on 650.

Any other models with better displays/interfaces??

Any report from CES Vegas about the future??
  10.    #90  
    CES was extraordinary!

I saw the Nokia CK-7W Advanced Car Kit and it was cool. It has one little button that controls volume, call answer/end, and redial, etc. I saw this kit outfitted on a Mini Cooper. The rep said the kit is an option when you buy it. When making a call the sound is muted on the radio and the speakers were superb. The system will work with all your phones voice tags for originating calls. I asked about the most enticing and beloved Nokia 616 car kit and was told at the moment it is not sold in the U.S. Although enticing, Treo users will probably want to look elsewhere since it is not optimized for the Treo.

Next I sat in an Audi A6 which is optimized for Treo 650 and thought it was a pretty nice first integration of Treo and Car. The phone controls and indicators are built into the car console's LCD screens. It's attractive monocrhome orange, but I have seen better. The controls worked well, but the sound quality was not that good. It seemed kind of "tinny" and "thin". It is my understanding that the PalmOne ROM upgrade will hopefully address the problem with sound quality on the Treo 650. The redemptive aspect to this story is that PalmOne has worked hard to make this thing work.

Lastly, I saw the latest additions to the SuperTooth BlueTooth Visor Car Kit family of products. The lastest kits are VisorTooth and SuperTooth2. The two new additions have the same features the previous SuperTooth device had, but are more compact and sleek in design. This new smart design and will attract more attention than the former device.
    Hope the second generation of Supertooth works better than the first. It was so bad I returned it and got my $ back.

My 'car kit' is the Scala in my right ear.

YoungTurk
    YoungTurk -

I'm really surprised.... my Supertooth has worked so well I couldn't imagine parting with it! What problems were you having?

I also was at CES and saw the Supertooth2 -- in addition to its redesign, it incorporates a second DSP to help adjust the volume you are listening automatically.

-Aaron
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    S38,
    Do you know if the Nokia CK7W works with Treo. It does look kewl!!!

JT
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    anyone have one of these supertooth speakers?
    Is it or is it not compatible with the 650?
    If it is, where can we get one of these.
    I have tried the Jabra SP-100 and it has major issues. Only works on one out of every 5 calls.
    Tried the moto 800 and connects great but you can't hear on its weak speaker.
    I see the parrot drive blue, but it needs wired mic in order to be full duplex. defeats the purpose of bluetooth if I have to run wires.lol
    Is there a speaker out there that works with the 650?
    What is this supertooth. I see it from different manufacturers. Gold Lantern has one.
    Please help. I really need a speaker in the car that does not require all kinds of wiring.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I must be retarded, but I can't find any single store online that has a supertooth for sale in the US.

help
  16.    #96  
    I really don't know the answer to that question. My best guess is to say it would work partially. Given my limited understanding of Bluetooth 1.1 profiles, I would imagine you call orignate a call from a Treo 650 that would playback in the car's speakers and utilize the microphone system. But I don't know about using the Nokia CK7W API and how they would communicate instructions to the Treo.

100th Monkey is an expert on this. I bet he'll have a much clearer answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjo99
    S38,
    Do you know if the Nokia CK7W works with Treo. It does look kewl!!!

JT
    This is a crazy question but what is supertooth ? and supertooth2?
    I know what bluetooth is but I have never heard of supertooth, Oh and Specimen I'm getttng my stero installed saturday but I'm holding out on the hands free because I talked to parrot and they are now testing the treo 650 with the CK3300 that has the GPS that I soooooo want...
    I hope all the testing goes well.
    from the product description here

"Bluetooth 1.1 specification supporting Handsfree profile 1.0"

so, if the Treo 650 supports the Handsfree 1.0, then yes, it should work. I am not sure about the specs of the BT patch that they released
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I found the supertooth/supertalk.
    I'm not sure if there is a difference but my supertalk is being delivered tomorrow. I hope it works with the 650 lol
    Looks identical to the supertooth, just with a different man. name on it.
    We shall see.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Got my Supertalk today and so far its working like a champ.
    Finally !!! a speaker that seems to work with the 650. I have made about 10 calls so far and it has connected quickly every time. sweeeeeeet
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast