Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    100th, I fired an email off to Raytel anyway to get them thinking about why they don't support the Treo. Perhaps, if they get enough of these -- they'll reconsider supporting it. I watched the demo video. I like Raytel because it is identical to the system I have hardwired in my car now. Even the voice commands are the same. Thanks for that link. I am wondering if they are the OEM for current car kit. Also what about Raytel Bluetooth. You think that might work with or eventually work with the Treo 650? Perhaps that's a question I can call San Diego and ask about.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    check out the website
    http://www.raytel-llc.com/index.html
    the most expensive of the bunch, but supposedly the best with voice commands. I had emailed them a while back when I first learned of the Nokia 616, so maybe 4 months ago. They said that they had no plans to support the Treo line and they do give an extensive list of phones they support
    Joe, great find! That systems is awesome. Thanks soooo much for sharing it here. I am going to call them and see what more I can learn about it. There are not enough close up pictures to get real good sense of the component details.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Check this s*** out...... Hopefully the big name receiver guys will put these out soon.. Great idea.
    url="https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=70&Category_ID=10"]https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=70&Category_ID=10[/url]

and only a buck 80.... Plays mp3 too. Almost sounds too good to be true..
    the BT very well may support 650, I seem to remember that they didn't have any BT kits back when I cotnacted them...those may be new
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  3.    #43  
    Check it out:

Hi,

The Treo 650 is not compatible with our CK3100 and for now we have no visibility to make it compatible.

Best Regards,
    PARROT SALES

Hi again,

The Sprint Treo 650 phone is not on your compatibility list for the CK 3100. Does it work with the CK 3100? Are there any known issues or prevailing issues between the CK 3100 and the Treo 650?

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 1:52 PM
    To: XXXXX xXXxxx
    Subject: Re: CES

Thank you for the interest you have in Parrot company !
    We will present our CK3300 (CK3100 + GPS connection) and our CK3500 (on-board telematic solution) in our Bluetooth car kits range.

Best Regards,
    PARROT SALES

> Question: Parrot will show you there its very new products at CES.
    Is
    > there anything in addition to CK3100 series BlueTooth car kits?
    >
    >
    >
    Last edited by specimen38; 01/05/2006 at 12:32 AM.
    hmmmm

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

So nobody has any comments on this thing? Looks sweet

https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.c...&Category_ID=10
  6.    #46  
    Joebar99,

You must have missed the previous page. Dude we love this thing. You did not go back far enough from your previous post to read what I said. So, I will repeat what I said in the previous post #41.

So nobody has any comments on this thing? Looks sweet

https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.c...&Category_ID=10
    Joe, great find! That systems is awesome. Thanks soooo much for sharing it here. I am going to call them and see what more I can learn about it. There are not enough close up pictures to get real good sense of the component details.
    yeah I did miss it
  8.    #48  
    That 8comwireless is the future. It's the way of this phone/radio/bluetooth should converge. I found about six more sites with Bluetooth solutions, but none like that.
    yeah I did miss it
    Joe -- I am assuming that is you on your avatar. What is that in the background on your avatar? Looks like American Bandstand.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    That 8comwireless is the future. It's the way of this phone/radio/bluetooth should converge. I found about six more sites with Bluetooth solutions, but none like that.

Joe -- I am assuming that is you on your avatar. What is that in the background on your avatar? Looks like American Bandstand.
    If I'm not mistaken, Joe's avatar is a photo of Artie Lange, the actor and Howard Stern Show cast memeber. Joe, if I'm wrong I apologize, and did anyone ever tell you you look like Artie Lange?
  10.    #50  
    Swingline, I bet you are right. The letters in the background could be a portion of the name Howard Stern. As you can see, I don't know anyone on Howard Stern's show. Is he still on?
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    If I'm not mistaken, Joe's avatar is a photo of Artie Lange, the actor and Howard Stern Show cast memeber. Joe, if I'm wrong I apologize, and did anyone ever tell you you look like Artie Lange?
  11.    #51  
    Now that we know the Parrot CK3100 will not support the Treo 650 because it lacks the ability to remotely access SIM cards inserted in a compatible mobile phone via Bluetooth.

The Nokia 616 emerges.... The Nokia SIM Access profile for BlueTooth phones is the most sophisticated of all the Bluetooth car kit technology. Nokia is claiming now that this will work with non-Nokia phones. Check out this link.
    Yeah, but the external aerial that comes with the 616 is only good for 900/1800 and the SIM access profile features won't be used by the T650, rather it will use the Handsfree profile for the carkit

Yeah, Swingline is right

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Swingline, I bet you are right. The letters in the background could be a portion of the name Howard Stern. As you can see, I don't know anyone on Howard Stern's show. Is he still on?
  14.    #54  
    Thanks for reminding me again -- you mentioned it back in post# 7. I re-read the "Operational Mode " section at the Nokia 616 website. I understood it a little better.
    Yeah, but the external aerial that comes with the 616 is only good for 900/1800 and the SIM access profile features won't be used by the T650, rather it will use the Handsfree profile for the carkit
    In conclusion, the Hands Free BlueTooth profile is the only way the Nokia 616 works with the T650.

Handsfree Mode (Bluetooth Handsfree Profile)

Accesses a mobile phone using Bluetooth wireless technology
    Used when the mobile phone does not support the SIM Access Profile
    Supports all major mobile phone call handling features
    Compatible with Nokia mobile phones supporting Bluetooth Handsfree Profile 1.0
    Mobile phone is active
    External GSM antenna is not in use
    I might have to learn to live with that. The phone would have to be exposed in the car so antenna can get a signal.
    yup, that's it my friend. Sad to say

16.    #56  
    Designer BlueTooth Car Kits

Check this out.
    the top one looks especially, and I didn't know that Clarion makes a BT kit either. wow

18.    #58  
    Hey 100th,

Did you have the opportunity to browse all 5 of the designer car kit pages.
    the top one looks especially, and I didn't know that Clarion makes a BT kit either. wow
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/18/2004 at 03:02 PM.
    I will have to do that, I missed that there were multiple pages!

20.    #60  
    I found this US company HTK and their new BlueTooth Car Kit entry among a slew of 58 other BlueTooth car kit products. Interesting to see how quickly companies are turning their marketing "might" toward the US. I suppose this because we were late coming to the BlueTooth dance.

Global Sources
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast