Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Looks like an OEM version of the supertooth - exactly the same.

Better late than never, here are my best attempts of taking a couple of photos of the Supertooth with my Treo650 - it was quite close, so I apologise for the quality of the photos.

Still EXTREMELY pleased I purchased this unit!

http://home.mindspring.com/~aaron.s/supertooth1.jpg

http://home.mindspring.com/~aaron.s/supertooth2.jpg

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    NYCubby,

How does this compare to the Supertooth or is it the same thing with a different branding "Kondor"?
    http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=114426
    Specimen38 -

Yes, similar (and I like Sony stuff) but doesn't seem as ergonomic as the Supertooth -- and I like the way it clips to my visor and works so long on a charge, not to mention the mic that can be adjusted..... See above for some pics.

Not to mention that is is quite a few $$ more!

Aaron

Very similar design to SuperTooth. http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=HCB-300
  3.    #23  
    NYCubby,

I think you are right. The pictures are pretty compelling. I was thinking about the sunvisor in my car. On my morning commute, (19 miles) the direction of the sun comes through my driver's side window. So I usally adjust the sunvisor for the first 9 miles -- then for 4 miles it comes through the front windshield and then it goes back to driver's side for the remainder. As you can imagine, I am adjusting it the whole time. I am wondering how would that work with a SuperTooth device sometimes not facing the window sometimes? Does it muffle the speaker and microphone?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCubby
    Specimen38 -

Yes, similar (and I like Sony stuff) but doesn't seem as ergonomic as the Supertooth -- and I like the way it clips to my visor and works so long on a charge, not to mention the mic that can be adjusted..... See above for some pics.

Not to mention that is is quite a few $$ more!

Aaron
    Haven't yet had the need to flip the visor over - so I can't tell you -- guess Im going to have to try it... I would be more inclined to clip it on the inside of the visor when I flip it down though....

Aaron

NYCubby,

I think you are right. The pictures are pretty compelling. I was thinking about the sunvisor in my car. On my morning commute, (19 miles) the direction of the sun comes through my driver's side window. So I usally adjust the sunvisor for the first 9 miles -- then for 4 miles it comes through the front windshield and then it goes back to driver's side for the remainder. As you can imagine, I am adjusting it the whole time. I am wondering how would that work with a SuperTooth device sometimes not facing the window sometimes? Does it muffle the speaker and microphone?
  5.    #25  
    NyCubby,

I have repeated this in a couple of other threads, but the following would be the ultimate car kit. It was originally addressed to Seidio, but they ignored it. So perhaps there is a manufacturer out there who is listening.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    We (a couple members in another thread) like the Seidio products. But let me tell you what we want really want.

First of all, we want:
    1)Something that looks like the Seimen/Nokia 616 LCD displays respectively
    We love the way the Seimen LCD product can be flushed mounted as though it came with the car. The Nokia LCD is great because it looks space age. Please no more cigarette lighter add-on attachments.

2) We love the elegance of the Seidio G2500 cradle/charger. However, we want durable parts that don't break easily from Seidio.

3) We want something that mutes the radio/CD player on incoming/outgoing calls. A control box behind the dashboard and powered by the car -- no cigarette lighter power cords. That's too messy. We want the incoming/outgoing call audio capable of being played back in the car's speaker system.

4) We want hidden omni direction microphones with voice control i.e. dial by number, dial by name, full dupex, and DSP echo suppression.

5) We want it to work with the Treo 650/Bluetooth profiles. Make Bluetooth work with a Treo 650 now. Very few people in the forums are having success getting the 650 and Bluetooth to work HF consistently.

6) Also throw in control at the steering column like the following link. But don't make it cheap looking like this one. Remote control from the steering wheel.

7) We want a really cool external antenna available to us when the Treo products can support it.

8) We would like the product to be priced between $250.00-400.00
  6.    #26  
    100th and NyCubby,

If you get a chance, follow this link. Do you think these guys are giving me brush off or do you think they might seriously entertain what is proposed? If you guys have any feedback, please forward it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65743
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/10/2004 at 07:07 AM.
    Specimen 38 - really like that Nokia setup.
    Never knew it was possible to use the SIM of a cell phone to broadcast a stronger signal through an external antenna.
    Any idea if that (Bluetooth SIM access mode) system would work for USA GSM??

Site says: External car antenna in operation with Bluetooth SIM Access Mode and as
    standalone car phone with separate car SIM Card

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,65323,00.html
  8.    #28  
    gladman,

If you go to the Nokia 610 link -- there is a demo of how the 616 works. However, it won't answer your SIM card question. 100thMonkey knows the answer to that. He explained it to me a few weeks ago, but I have forgotten how it goes. Apparently, the 610 is sold in Europe and it appears the 616 will be sold here.

I believe that there are 3 profiles on this car kit. I think one them simply mimics your phone. I am not sure about the others. (100th -- if you are around jump in here).

Unfortunately, there is no gurantee that it will work with the 650. Have you seen Parrot's high-end car kit?

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,48031,00.html
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/10/2004 at 11:57 AM.
    S38-yeah, I have a feeling we aren't going to be seeing an additional offering in the car kit group either based on the response, they are pushing the headset.

Gladman, currently Nokia and only Nokia has a few handsets that support the SIM access profile or Remote SIM profile (or SIM access profile) and through the bluetooth connection, basically calls get diverted to the car kit rather than the handset. Its a great innovation, but onlygood for certain Nokias on 900/1800 systems bummer.

Other than that, the only BT profiles for carkits is HANDSFREE
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  10.    #30  
    I received an email from Parrot regarding the CES in Vegas and what new products they plan to introduce.
    Thank you for the interest you have in Parrot company !
    We will present our CK3300 (CK3100 + GPS connection) and our CK3500 (on-board telematic solution) in our Bluetooth car kits range.

Best Regards,
    PARROT SALES
    Only a theory, but I think car kits come in the second marketing wave. Lots of pent up demand for the "Borg" like headsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    S38-yeah, I have a feeling we aren't going to be seeing an additional offering in the car kit group either based on the response, they are pushing the headset.
  11.    #31  
    I love this Car Kit = Nokia 616 Close Up

http://www.nokia.com/press/photo/vie...peg/616_02.jpg
    its is nice....but most of all I love the SIM Accesss Profile that it supports and that external aerial....

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

Quote Originally Posted by NYCubby
    Looks like an OEM version of the supertooth - exactly the same.

Better late than never, here are my best attempts of taking a couple of photos of the Supertooth with my Treo650 - it was quite close, so I apologise for the quality of the photos.

Still EXTREMELY pleased I purchased this unit!
    NYC Cubby - thanks for your recommendation of the Supertooth unit. Mine is on its way to me. Should compliment nicely the interior of my '04 Range Rover, whose interior is accented in subtle shades of silver/grey. I'll report how it works with my 650.

YoungTurk
    '04 Range Rover (Java Black/Sand)
    Powerbook G4 12" with Bluetooth and Superdrive
    Sprint Treo 650
    Supertooth, what is the price?
  15.    #35  
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/12/2004 at 10:03 PM.
    We just installed the Parrot 3100 in a customer's VW Phaeton. This thing is pretty cool. When you pair it to your Bluetooth phone, it automatically adds your address book intothe parrot. Also, my customer has called me and I can't tell if he's using the phone or the 3100.
    I would highly recommend the Parrot 3100.

www.audiobywes.com
  17.    #37  
    WOW! Your website is Slamming!..Sound!

One question: Did you pair the Parrot CK-3100 with a Sprint Treo 650 phone? A couple of us have been talking about Parrot for over a month now. I want you to install it in my car with a Treo 650. Do I have to drive to Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by wesmmats
    We just installed the Parrot 3100 in a customer's VW Phaeton. This thing is pretty cool. When you pair it to your Bluetooth phone, it automatically adds your address book intothe parrot. Also, my customer has called me and I can't tell if he's using the phone or the 3100.
    I would highly recommend the Parrot 3100.

www.audiobywes.com
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/14/2004 at 09:24 AM.
  18.    #38  
    Last edited by specimen38; 12/13/2004 at 11:34 PM.
    Check this s*** out...... Hopefully the big name receiver guys will put these out soon.. Great idea.

https://8comwireless.com/moreinfo.cf...Category_ID=10

and only a buck 80.... Plays mp3 too. Almost sounds too good to be true..
    check out the website
    http://www.raytel-llc.com/index.html

the most expensive of the bunch, but supposedly the best with voice commands. I had emailed them a while back when I first learned of the Nokia 616, so maybe 4 months ago. They said that they had no plans to support the Treo line and they do give an extensive list of phones they support

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast