Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Does any of these device can initiate Voice actviated dialing without manually turning on the Treo 650 ?
    Treo, I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2.    #222  
    Not SuperTooth...... But Parrot CK 3100 and Raytel Tellphone Blue 4000 promise voice activation ability when they get the bugs worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilweinrib
    Does any of these device can initiate Voice actviated dialing without manually turning on the Treo 650 ?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    wow, I have had no problems with my supertooth. After one, sometimes two rings at most, it rings automatically through the supertooth and can be answered simply be pressing the answer button on the supertooth. Actually, mine is called a supertalk, not supertooth. Maybe thats the problem. Mine is made by Gold Lantern and it works very well, every time. I just got my treo wireless headset today too.. sometimes I don't want my conversation going over the loud speaker in the car.. lol
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Yea .. I have constant connect problems with my 3.5 version. Very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    I couldn't wait any longer on raytel-llc.com to release the Tellphone 4000 Blue, so I bought a temporary solution until it's released. I bought another SuperTooth visor device in firmware version 3.5 which been more problematic than my device with version 3.3 - I will switch them between my cars today. In this case, older is better.
    What is the firmware version on yours? Either there is a sticker on the back or you can look at the Treo "trusted device" screen. It will say Super(whatever) 3.x.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heat00
    wow, I have had no problems with my supertooth. After one, sometimes two rings at most, it rings automatically through the supertooth and can be answered simply be pressing the answer button on the supertooth. Actually, mine is called a supertalk, not supertooth. Maybe thats the problem. Mine is made by Gold Lantern and it works very well, every time. I just got my treo wireless headset today too.. sometimes I don't want my conversation going over the loud speaker in the car.. lol
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Mine is version 3.5
    I had posted pics earlier in the thread...
    I think mine is made by a different manufacturer.. maybe that's the problem
    It's a "Supertalk" 3.5 made by Gold Lantern.
    It connects every single time over the past month without fail.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    In the trusted devices, it does say supertooth.
    But on the unit itself, it says Supertalk.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    look at my pictures on page 5 of this thread so you can see what I'm talking about.
    Unit looks identical to the supertooth, but its a supertalk.
    Maybe you guys should buy this one instead...lol
    hope this helps.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
  9.    #229  
    I don't have the connection problem. However, sometimes the person I am talking will complain of echoing and other types of distortion. However, not always. I have the SuperTalk also by GoldLatern.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Yea .. I have constant connect problems with my 3.5 version. Very annoying.
    Version 3.3 seems to work a little better though
    I started this thread about the new Sprint update and SuperTooth. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=78831

A co-worker and I both have 650's and SuperTooth's. We both did the update and can no longer recieve calls on the SuperTooth. It will work on outgoing calls. Everything worked great before the update. We now have $200 worth of "junk" thanks to PalmOne's update.

I do like the fact of having more memory and the voice fix, but I really liked my SuperTooth!!

any thought's??
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I had posted a few weeks ago about problems with my Supertooth - for some reason I can't have anything other than the Supertooth paired. See if you delete any other devices if it works fine then. If so, then at least there's a common theme (at least on some devices). Mine works beautifully if I don't have another headset paired as well.
    I have a Nokia carkit installed in my Porsche Cayenne. It kind of works with Motorola Blurtooth phones, but there is a hollow echo in the background.

I tried to pair the Treo 650 with the Nokia system. The Treo "sees" the Nokia system, but pairing fails.

Any thoughts out there?

Bean
  13.    #233  
    Are you GSM/Cingular or CDMA/Sprint? Also, where are you speakers positioned in relationship to the microphone? I have spoken with a few installers who have passed along some good advice from engineers. Mercedes Benz gets around the echo problem with special speakers in speakers in addition to echo cancellation technology. There is a guy in Rhonert Part, California who is an expert at this. The guy is genius when it comes to discussing this subject. These guys do sound dampening, padding, speaker re-positioning, etc. I am having him do a job for me. They do very high-end stuff as well.

Greg
    CPS Communications
    589 Rohnert Park Expressway West
    Rohnert Park, CA 94928
    (707) 588-9300

Quote Originally Posted by the bean
    I have a Nokia carkit installed in my Porsche Cayenne. It kind of works with Motorola Blurtooth phones, but there is a hollow echo in the background.

I tried to pair the Treo 650 with the Nokia system. The Treo "sees" the Nokia system, but pairing fails.

Any thoughts out there?

Bean
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    I had posted a few weeks ago about problems with my Supertooth - for some reason I can't have anything other than the Supertooth paired. See if you delete any other devices if it works fine then. If so, then at least there's a common theme (at least on some devices). Mine works beautifully if I don't have another headset paired as well.
    I tried that. Even a Hard Reset, still no incoming. This only happened after the Sprint update a couple of days ago, before that SuperTooth worked fine!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  15.    #235  
    Your problem is more difficult than my own. It clearly the ROM update for CDMA. This doesn't make me happy about the GSM update. By the way, I had two SuperTooths. I took one back because it was too noisey.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    I tried that. Even a Hard Reset, still no incoming. This only happened after the Sprint update a couple of days ago, before that SuperTooth worked fine!
    Hello Greg.

I use Cingular.

The sound is directed through the Cayenne's Bose factory speakers.

Bean
    Last edited by the bean; 03/28/2005 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Forgot part of message
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by the bean
    Hello Greg.

I use Cingular.

The sound is directed through the Cayenne's Bose factory speakers.

Bean
    Originally Posted by the bean

Any thoughts out there?

Bean
    Possible conflicts:

1. BlueTooth profile conflicts since Nokia has multiple BlueTooth profiles.
    2. Nokia's BlueTooth BlueTooth profiles are heavily woven into a proprietary operating system requiring an API. On Symbian phones Nokia has required loading a custom application written by Nokia to make the phone a slave. No app exist for Palm.
    3. The Treo 650's BlueTooth 1.1 profile is highly adapted for connectivity with speakers and microphone I/O. Hence BlueTooth headsets and speaker phones such as SuperTooth.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried this , either before or after the update ? I love the look of the Raytel 4000 but i dont know how long i can wait.
  19.    #239  
    I have SuperTooth 1 at the present and its okay but not great. SuperTooth 2 does not appear to be any different technologically than SuperTooth 1. The differences in the two devices are cosmetic. I saw them both at CES in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by ankur
    Has anyone tried this , either before or after the update ? I love the look of the Raytel 4000 but i dont know how long i can wait.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The ST2 does look a look a lot better, IMHO.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast