1.    #1  
    Greetings all. I recently aquired a treo 650 and am about to jump into the world of bluetooth headsets. I have been using wired headsets for a while, but they all seem to be so flimsy and keep falling apart or breaking. Also, in my car I have racing seats and 4 point racing harnesses, so once you are strapped in, its quite an ordeal to fumble around for a phone. Also, my car is EXTREMELY loud, it produces a very deep rumbly tone which carries very well though the body and into the cabin. I have had good experience with both the jabra and plantronics boomheadsets which are almost next to your mouth and have noise canceling microphones as far as the reciving end being able to hear me. I am curious now, for input on a heatset which is both very rugged as well as clear enough for the reciver to hear me. I am currently looking at the bodyglove blootooth headset because I have been told it has a noise canceling microphone and is a bit "ruggedized". Has anyone used it? Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks for your time ^_^.
    Last edited by ej25goddess; 12/07/2004 at 01:49 PM.
    I have not tried this headset, but am also curious to hear how the reception is and whether it is a good buy for me.
    I just bought it from the Sprint store on Saturday and it's going back Sunday. The reasons?

Not very loud at all
    Pops out of your ear
    Lots of static

Can anyone suggest a LOUD bluetooth headset? Or are Bluetooth headsets inherently quiet?

TIA

rjmoose
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Can anyone suggest a LOUD bluetooth headset? Or are Bluetooth headsets inherently quiet?
    The Jabra BT200 and BT250 are known for being very loud. I just started using my older BT200 headset with a Bluetooth adapter on my Treo 600 and I am very pleased with the loudness.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I tried the free one from PalmOne and wasn't loud at all (maybe I am hard of hearing). Someone mentioned in another thread that the freebie from PalmOne wasn't really the BT250 or BT200....anyone?
    This thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=mute addresses the problem of low volume on bluetooth headsets. Has anyone tried this work-around with the Body Glove headsets?
    Zane
    I picked up a Body Glove yesterday and the mute on/off boosts its volume considerably. Also, I find there's a good bit of static if I wander more than a few feet away from the phone. I have an 802.11G network, but the static occurs even well away from transmitters. I have to try outside of the house. If it isn't much better, back it goes. BTW, anyone hear when, where the Jabra BT-800 will be available?
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    I picked up a Body Glove yesterday and the mute on/off boosts its volume considerably. Also, I find there's a good bit of static if I wander more than a few feet away from the phone. I have an 802.11G network, but the static occurs even well away from transmitters. I have to try outside of the house. If it isn't much better, back it goes. BTW, anyone hear when, where the Jabra BT-800 will be available?
    as mentioned before, the body glove was crap for me