1.    #1  
    So, when playing MP3s (via RealPlayer) over the built-in speaker, the quality is sucky, but the volume control is reasonable. I just tried a normal pair of headphones (w/ a 3.5mm adapter), and the minimum volume I can get is still really loud. If I go even one click lower, it mutes.

Any way to change this behavior? Do other media players have better volume control?

Thanks,
    Parag
    I haven't tried RP yet, but this does not happen in PocketTunes. PT is more functional than my old Rio. Love it.

Also, I would test out RP for you, but all of my music files are in .ogg format - which I prefer for quality and size - and is another reason I like PT better. Not to mention the ability to stream Shoutcast.
    I don't know RP that well but you sure you didn't turn some sort of volume boost on? I think PT has an option to do this and it really distorts the music.
    Parag,
    There's another thread going that talks to the same issue. No solution as of yet. My current solution - You can move the volume slider by hand and get a in between volume verses the mute to level 1. Other then that, not much help here.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    I haven't tried RP yet, but this does not happen in PocketTunes. PT is more functional than my old Rio. Love it.

Also, I would test out RP for you, but all of my music files are in .ogg format - which I prefer for quality and size - and is another reason I like PT better. Not to mention the ability to stream Shoutcast.

I agree, really love pocket-tunes.
    And the streaming shout-cast is amazing. Have you gotten anything over 34kps to stream without pauses? I couldn't but I was inside and wasn't getting the best of signals on the phone and wonder if that had something to do with it.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650