1.    #1  
    Anyone have any experience with this headset? I could not find any other threads about it. I like the style and the caller-id display.
    Coincidentally, I just received this today. I'm getting both the 660 and the HS850 from Motorola and keeping the one I like better. I'll post when I get the Hs850 too.

The 660 works great with the Treo 650. I got that free headset for upgrading from the 600, and it had all kinds of static and hiss. The Sony 660 (Akono) didn't have any of that -- it connected easily, the caller ID works great, and the sound quality is good.

The only trouble I had is that my ear is apparently the wrong shape for the ear hook, so the speaker ends up being a little off center from my eardrum. (Maybe that's intentional?) That made the volume a little quiet. It worked fine once I pumped up the volume on the headset and the 650 to full, and then did the "Mute/Unmute" trick that boosts the volume on the 650.

I recommend it if you like the style. I'll post on the Hs850 compared to it as soon as I get the 850.

Doug
  3.    #3  
    Where can I purchase this and other headsets and return them HASSLE FREE without restocking fees?
    I too just recvd the 660. I like it. Its got great sound quality. Person on the other end says I sound great even at 75mph. Volume is good at max and after the mute toggle trick. It doesnt fit my ear the best but with a little work I can get it just about perfect. Easy to use and connects very fast when a call come in. The caller id is cool if you have it in your pocket or on the strap it comes with. It also seems to have decent range. I can walk a good 20 ft away from my phone and even have a wall or two between us and it still sounds good.

I got mine from Dans cellular on ebay with a free car charger for $92 including shipping. Got it in three days.
    yes please let us know! I was gonna get the hs850 until I saw some good reviews on the new sony one. How is sound quality comparison in LOUD/street environments on both, battery life, etc? Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Coincidentally, I just received this today. I'm getting both the 660 and the HS850 from Motorola and keeping the one I like better. I'll post when I get the Hs850 too.

The 660 works great with the Treo 650. I got that free headset for upgrading from the 600, and it had all kinds of static and hiss. The Sony 660 (Akono) didn't have any of that -- it connected easily, the caller ID works great, and the sound quality is good.

The only trouble I had is that my ear is apparently the wrong shape for the ear hook, so the speaker ends up being a little off center from my eardrum. (Maybe that's intentional?) That made the volume a little quiet. It worked fine once I pumped up the volume on the headset and the 650 to full, and then did the "Mute/Unmute" trick that boosts the volume on the 650.

I recommend it if you like the style. I'll post on the Hs850 compared to it as soon as I get the 850.

Doug
    I have the hbh 660 and I like it very much the only part that did not make sense to me was the design of how the earpiece didn't fit right above the earcanal the way it does. it was a littlle too low of a volume issue for me but I got around it by " combining " the ear gel from an old jabra headset and hbh 660. now it works wonderful and clear. if you guys want a review here it is:
    so here is the report on hbh-600 ( please excuse the spelling mistakes english is second lingo)

fitting: a little cumbersom, not centered on your ear canal.
    pairing : easy as a breez
    reciving calls: A. rings in your ear
    B. NUMBER APPEARS ON LED SCREEN
    C. when butten on headset is press the call cuts tru to the headset
    D.able to hangup from headset with the same butten.
    E. no static when phone is around the 3-5 ft zone.
    F. to dial your phone all you need is to enter the number and press
    talk,cuts tru the headset right away with no dely what so ever.
    volum on headset is not bad... so it looks like I will stay with this one.
    also was able to reject calls from the headset just like it supose to.

hope it helped
    eli
    pix how did you add the ear gel? pics please if you can.
    I would LOVE a shoot out comparison between the HBH-660, HBH-300, BT 800, and Digital Bluespoon. That would be a showdown, especially since the BT 800 and HBH-300 are supposed to have Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to eliminate background noise!!!!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    How does the Sony work with a Treo 650 in an environment with WiFi running?
    I have WiFi in my house, and didn't notice any interference. It seemed just fine on that front. The clarity of the signal and sound was the best part of this unit.
    I just ordered one of these as well from Dan's Cellular. I will be returning my HS810 to BestBuy tomorrow. I was initially happy with the way it worked, but found the volume way too low in loud environments like my car. The mute trick is nice, but doesn't cut it as far as being completely hands free. Will post initial impressions to add to the comments already made.
    I cut the round part of the gel off and used the cone based remains to glue it on top of the 3 hole opening resulting in a perfect fit into the ear canal but not it annoying feel. I do not know how to attach pictures if you tell me how I would
    I have this and LOVE it...

As for ear pieces the Sony for me is the best.. because I DONT USE the ear hook.. it is annoying and uncomfortable.

But the Sony is the only one I can STICK IN MY EAR just as is with the lil headset and go about my business