Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.0
    Voice Dialer Pro is the premier voice recognition solution for the TreoŽ 600 and TreoŽ 650. It enables the user to dial any phone number, launch any application, or initiate a wide variety of system commands (i.e. Find, Create New Memo, Fetch Email, etc…) by simply using their voice.

Benefits :
    * Increases driver safety.
    * Allows the user to utilize exsiting add-ons (i.e. Headsets and Car Kits).
    * Saves time in dialing and navigation.
    * No need to subscribe to voicedial services with wireless carrier.
    * Incredibly Small Memory Footprint (200K)

Features :
    * Works with any spoken language.
    * Freedom to issue voice commands from any running application.
    * Allows Headset and ear piece support.
    * Works great in the car and nosiy environments.
    * Flexiblity to launch applications, system commands, and voice dialing.

http://www.groverind.com
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Anyone tried this? They claim to be the first voice app for the Treo 650 - doesn't the 650 come bundled with VoiceSignal (trial)? Can anyone compare it to VS?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have tried it. Had to jump thorugh hoops to get the trial. Finally got everything installed and CANNOT get it to work.

I have followed the instructions to the tee.

I have it set for the Volume up button to activate it, and everytime I try, it resets.

I can't record a voice command. It says "listening" but never goes any further.

The feature set sounds great, especially the ability to work with a headset, but it seems it still needs work for the 650.

If anyone can tell me anything to try, I would be happy to give it another shot.
    lol!
    still jumping through hoops here!
    awaiting final instructions........
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Works good so far on my Sprint T600.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    can someone confirm this works with the Jabra BT250 or any bluetooth headset.
    thats the only selling point for me.
    What's Grover Industries? Did Smiley abandon toysoft?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrich2
    I have tried it. Had to jump thorugh hoops to get the trial. Finally got everything installed and CANNOT get it to work.

I have it set for the Volume up button to activate it, and everytime I try, it resets.

The feature set sounds great, especially the ability to work with a headset, but it seems it still needs work for the 650.

If anyone can tell me anything to try, I would be happy to give it another shot.
    Ran into the same issues you did. Now those issues are gone and I have new ones (don't ask me why). Now when I press the up volume key, I get the "Listen" message at the bottom of the screen. But everytime it tells me "no match is found". Then when I go back into the app and try to test my recorded command, it sometimes works and sometimes errors out.

Unfortunately, this program is still very buggy.
    I can record voice commands and edit prefs, launch app without resets. However, the phone lookup feature does not work on my 650. Also, when I launch it to say a command, it says "Listening..." but nothing ever happens. Also, I have audible confirmation and repeat voice tag selected, but I get no confirmation or prompt of any kind. Seems neat, now if only it would actually do something...
    Not working for me either. Got it to stop the resets, but after recording, it cannot find the library. I had the original basic version working on my 600 before.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    Ran into the same issues you did. Now those issues are gone and I have new ones (don't ask me why). Now when I press the up volume key, I get the "Listen" message at the bottom of the screen. But everytime it tells me "no match is found". Then when I go back into the app and try to test my recorded command, it sometimes works and sometimes errors out.

Unfortunately, this program is still very buggy.

Hello,

The Voice Dialer Std 1.1.0 is different than the Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.0.

Can you please post here or on our web site the issues you are having with the Std or the Pro as this post does not give enough details for us to help you.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Not working for me either. Got it to stop the resets, but after recording, it cannot find the library. I had the original basic version working on my 600 before.
    Hello,

You need to load all PRC files in order to use VoiceDialerPro.prc.

It appears you did not load all PRC files.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover

P.S. Please read the Users Manual for what PRC used for.
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    I can record voice commands and edit prefs, launch app without resets. However, the phone lookup feature does not work on my 650. Also, when I launch it to say a command, it says "Listening..." but nothing ever happens. Also, I have audible confirmation and repeat voice tag selected, but I get no confirmation or prompt of any kind. Seems neat, now if only it would actually do something...
    Hello,

Please make sure the Confirm before dial is off to dial without user interaction.

What "look" on phone, does it launch the default phone contacts?

What does it display?

The activation key only works outside of Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.0. The Record, Play, and Test buttons should be used while recording voice commands.

Have you tapped Ok as well on recorded voice commands? You need to get to main screen before exiting to launcher or another application.

Please post here or at our web site.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Anyone tried this? They claim to be the first voice app for the Treo 650 - doesn't the 650 come bundled with VoiceSignal (trial)? Can anyone compare it to VS?
    Hello,

I'll answer some questions here:

-VoiceSignal is 1.2 MB
    -It only works with English and Treo 650 not 600.
    -We provide small memory footprint. only 74K for VD Pro 1.0.0. The supporting libraries are only 70K when registration is done.
    -We work with any language.
    -We released VD Std before Nov 10th.
    -We have real time background noise suppression technology they do not. (meaning you can use in car while driving).

Well, if you want to check for yourself download the trial versions.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrich2

Hello,

The activation key only works outside of Voice Dialer Pro.

After taping on New, Record, Play, Test, and Ok. You need to exit Voice Dialer Pro. Then use the activation key.

Make sure you have Headset plugged in before launching Voice Dialer Pro. Better yet to start just use the Treo Microphone.

Try this again with these steps.
    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    lol!
    still jumping through hoops here!
    awaiting final instructions........
    Hello,

The trial system is industry standard double opted in system. It verifies that you want the installation instructions. All you need to do is reply and keep the subject line contents when replying.

We only send instructions to people who want it, otherwise people could just put in anything for an email address.

The two step processes is used by many Software Publishers in the industry.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    can someone confirm this works with the Jabra BT250 or any bluetooth headset.
    thats the only selling point for me.
    Hello,

We have verified with beta testers that some Jabra wireless headsets worked.

There is a post on our web site in the beta forum section of the usage.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    Hello,

The activation key only works outside of Voice Dialer Pro.

After taping on New, Record, Play, Test, and Ok. You need to exit Voice Dialer Pro. Then use the activation key.

Make sure you have Headset plugged in before launching Voice Dialer Pro. Better yet to start just use the Treo Microphone.

Try this again with these steps.
    Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I have read and re-read your manual, and I don't see a section that explains what you have listed above.

I can't get it to stop resetting my phone. I have tried mapping it to Volume up and Mail. For those of you who have gotten it to stop restetting, can you tell me how?

I will go to the website and describe my problems there too, hopefully this can be fixed or explained. I would really like to try this product.
    I haven't tried either yet but this is something I'm interested in. To be fair my understanding is that:

Voice Dialer Pro requires recording of voice tags. So you can only use it with ones you have recorded.

Voice Signal is speaker independant so you don't have to do any recording and it should be able to dial anyone in your contacts or dial by number.

Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    Hello,

I'll answer some questions here:

-VoiceSignal is 1.2 MB
    -It only works with English and Treo 650 not 600.
    -We provide small memory footprint. only 74K for VD Pro 1.0.0. The supporting libraries are only 70K when registration is done.
    -We work with any language.
    -We released VD Std before Nov 10th.
    -We have real time background noise suppression technology they do not. (meaning you can use in car while driving).

Well, if you want to check for yourself download the trial versions.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Mr. Grover,

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, but there are OBVIOUS problems with this software.

It seems that you aren't willing to see that, and seem to think that we haven't read the istructions that came with the product.

I have gotten past the reset problem, but not by what you offered me, but rather by another poster. Now, I can record a contact, but when I try to use it, it continually says "no match". I then tried to re-record the contact, and got the hang at "listening" and never going further. Per another users suggestion, I did a soft reset, and tried again. It recognized the contact, but the never dialed it, the number just sat on my phone screen. I then tried again, and got the lovely "no match" until I did a soft reset again, and the whole thing starts all over.

With this many issues and this many very smart and tech savvy people having problems, I can't imagine paying $34.95 for this prouct.

Again, I am very interested in the features this product claims to offer, so if and when these bugs are fixed, I will be the first in line to buy it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast