Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Noel
    I have the same problem I keep getting no recognition. I have followed all your directions I record then I test then hit ok sounds good then I go out of voice dialer hit my memo button and I get no recognition. I used standard on my 650 and it worked fine
    Fred
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    It sounds like grover would like you to seek help on his own website. You can't expect him to check other peoples forums. Grover has his own forums that I bet he checks far more often since he probably gets an auto email after someone posts a question.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrich2
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I have read and re-read your manual, and I don't see a section that explains what you have listed above.

I can't get it to stop resetting my phone. I have tried mapping it to Volume up and Mail. For those of you who have gotten it to stop restetting, can you tell me how?

I will go to the website and describe my problems there too, hopefully this can be fixed or explained. I would really like to try this product.
    Hello,

This resetting issue is because there is no recorded voice commands, and or Voice Dialer Std was not removed before installation of Pro.

The activation key only works outside of Voice Dialer Pro at this time.

Here are the steps.

1) Remove all Voice Dialer Pro PRC's they are listed in the zip file. If it asks to delete data answer yes.
    2) Soft-Reset Treo
    3) Re-HotSync all PRC files.
    4) Tap on Voice Dialer Pro Icon
    5) Tap on New
    6) Select Voice Dialer type voice command
    7) On Phone Number input field tap on Look
    8) Navigate to Contact and select phone number
    9) It will fill in the Contact Name
    10) Tap Record
    11) Wait for the BEEP to stop playing
    12) Say Contact Name
    13) Tap on Play to hear it playback
    14) If ok then continue, if not tap on Record again (step 10)
    15) Tap Test
    16) Wait for the BEEP to stop Playing
    17) Say Contact Name
    18) Look at confidence %
    19) if over 80% tap OK
    20) Tap Pref
    21) Check the follow: Enable Voice Dialer Pro, Allow Headset button press, Echo Voice command, Play Welcome sound
    22) in Pref Select: Activation Method (I use Volume Up), Activation Sound (Voice File), Voice Language (VoiceDialer_US).
    23) Tap Ok
    24) Press Home key next to space bar key
    25) In launcher press activation key.
    26) Wait for the Beep to stop playing
    27) Say Contact name
    28) It will dial the phone number.

Please note in Pref, make sure the Confirm before dial phone # is not check if you wish to have it just dial it.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I haven't tried either yet but this is something I'm interested in. To be fair my understanding is that:

Voice Dialer Pro requires recording of voice tags. So you can only use it with ones you have recorded.

Voice Signal is speaker independant so you don't have to do any recording and it should be able to dial anyone in your contacts or dial by number.

Correct?
    Hello,

That is correct, but if you truly want to get the results you have to go through a training session. It's like all speaker independent software on the PC market. They model a language and provide the best for most voices, but in order to achieve the success rates you have to give some samples. It's the same for Voice Dial.

It may or may not work right out of the box. Just like PC voice software. That is one of the main reasons it's not main stream at this time.

So, we created a speaker dependant engine that works with any language and it truly only takes seconds to record a voice command (Tag). It's up to you on how many command you want to issue.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    Hi Noel
    I have the same problem I keep getting no recognition. I have followed all your directions I record then I test then hit ok sounds good then I go out of voice dialer hit my memo button and I get no recognition. I used standard on my 650 and it worked fine
    Fred
    Hello,

Please make sure in Preg that the "Enable Voice Dialer Pro" is checked.

I use Volume Up for me.

BTW, you can hold down up or down volume button then use left or right navigation keys to increase or decrease volume.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by utey
    It sounds like grover would like you to seek help on his own website. You can't expect him to check other peoples forums. Grover has his own forums that I bet he checks far more often since he probably gets an auto email after someone posts a question.
    Hello,

Very true,

We have great forum support for years..

in fact it's PhpBB simular to here.

Please visit our web site and click on Forum and post if you have issues or questions.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Mr. Grover,

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, but there are OBVIOUS problems with this software.

It seems that you aren't willing to see that, and seem to think that we haven't read the istructions that came with the product.

I have gotten past the reset problem, but not by what you offered me, but rather by another poster. Now, I can record a contact, but when I try to use it, it continually says "no match". I then tried to re-record the contact, and got the hang at "listening" and never going further. Per another users suggestion, I did a soft reset, and tried again. It recognized the contact, but the never dialed it, the number just sat on my phone screen. I then tried again, and got the lovely "no match" until I did a soft reset again, and the whole thing starts all over.

With this many issues and this many very smart and tech savvy people having problems, I can't imagine paying $34.95 for this prouct.

Again, I am very interested in the features this product claims to offer, so if and when these bugs are fixed, I will be the first in line to buy it.
    Hello,

First question, did you post on our web site? if not, please do, you will see that we are response for years.

Second question, did you have older versions of Voice Dialer Std ?

Can you do me a favor and follow these steps and report to our web forums?

Hello,

This resetting issue is because there is no recorded voice commands, and or Voice Dialer Std was not removed before installation of Pro.

The activation key only works outside of Voice Dialer Pro at this time.

Here are the steps.

1) Remove all Voice Dialer Pro PRC's they are listed in the zip file. If it asks to delete data answer yes.
    2) Soft-Reset Treo
    3) Re-HotSync all PRC files.
    4) Tap on Voice Dialer Pro Icon
    5) Tap on New
    6) Select Voice Dialer type voice command
    7) On Phone Number input field tap on Look
    8) Navigate to Contact and select phone number
    9) It will fill in the Contact Name
    10) Tap Record
    11) Wait for the BEEP to stop playing
    12) Say Contact Name
    13) Tap on Play to hear it playback
    14) If ok then continue, if not tap on Record again (step 10)
    15) Tap Test
    16) Wait for the BEEP to stop Playing
    17) Say Contact Name
    18) Look at confidence %
    19) if over 80% tap OK
    20) Tap Pref
    21) Check the follow: Enable Voice Dialer Pro, Allow Headset button press, Echo Voice command, Play Welcome sound
    22) in Pref Select: Activation Method (I use Volume Up), Activation Sound (Voice File), Voice Language (VoiceDialer_US).
    23) Tap Ok
    24) Press Home key next to space bar key
    25) In launcher press activation key.
    26) Wait for the Beep to stop playing
    27) Say Contact name
    28) It will dial the phone number.

Please note in Pref, make sure the Confirm before dial phone # is not check if you wish to have it just dial it.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    I can't get the program to work on my 650. Everytime I press the activate key, it soft resets. And yes, I have loaded all the prc files.
    how many posts have the same name and topic?
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    how many posts have the same name and topic?

This is the only one in this forum with this name and title. There is another one in the 600 hardware forum
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentforu
    Hello,

You need to load all PRC files in order to use VoiceDialerPro.prc.

It appears you did not load all PRC files.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover

P.S. Please read the Users Manual for what PRC used for.
    Yes I did load all of the PRC files. I checked that several times, even uninstalled and reinstalled ALL of them. Still not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Voice Dialer Pro 1.0.0
    Voice Dialer Pro is the premier voice recognition solution for the Treo® 600 and Treo® 650. It enables the user to dial any phone number, launch any application, or initiate a wide variety of system commands (i.e. Find, Create New Memo, Fetch Email, etc…) by simply using their voice.

Benefits :
    * Increases driver safety.
    * Allows the user to utilize exsiting add-ons (i.e. Headsets and Car Kits).
    * Saves time in dialing and navigation.
    * No need to subscribe to voicedial services with wireless carrier.
    * Incredibly Small Memory Footprint (200K)

Features :
    * Works with any spoken language.
    * Freedom to issue voice commands from any running application.
    * Allows Headset and ear piece support.
    * Works great in the car and nosiy environments.
    * Flexiblity to launch applications, system commands, and voice dialing.

http://www.groverind.com
    I tried it and found it to be the most worthless piec of software on the Treo 650 CD. Tried no less than 2 dozen times to get it to dial a name.
    Quote Originally Posted by IFITHASTOBEPALM
    I tried it and found it to be the most worthless piec of software on the Treo 650 CD. Tried no less than 2 dozen times to get it to dial a name.
    Hello,

Ok, that's good but this is NOT on the Treo 650 CD.

This is about Voice Dialer not Voice Dial by Voice Signal.

It can be confusing, but we are the makers of Voice Dialer not Voice Dial.

Post to Voice Signal to get help.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    Yes I did load all of the PRC files. I checked that several times, even uninstalled and reinstalled ALL of them. Still not working.
    Ok,

When you say still not working, can you please give details of operation and post on our Web Forum site?

It's check more than this sight.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    I can't get the program to work on my 650. Everytime I press the activate key, it soft resets. And yes, I have loaded all the prc files.
    Hello,

This is because of no Voice Commands are trained.

Please download latest demo version from:

http://www.groverind.com/trials/vdpro100demo.zip

This download addresses the issue of no voice commands being trained. Also, please read above in this topic about step by step instructions.

Thanks,
    Noel Grover
    [moved. This is software.]
    I have mine working to the point of recording and playing back a name with 88% confidence, and when I press the up-volume button and say the name (only 1 in there) I am told there is no match. I am saying it the SAME WAY IN THE SAME ROOM. To make it worse when I try and email grover at feedback@groverind.com, from their own site, the mail bounces back as recipient name not recognized. Noel just give me my money back!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    I have mine working to the point of recording and playing back a name with 88% confidence, and when I press the up-volume button and say the name (only 1 in there) I am told there is no match. I am saying it the SAME WAY IN THE SAME ROOM. To make it worse when I try and email grover at feedback@groverind.com, from their own site, the mail bounces back as recipient name not recognized. Noel just give me my money back!!
    Hello,

First off sorry you are having problems.

Secondly, we have published in Users Manual where to contact us for support. We supply email address and web site forum support. Did you get to read the Users Manual?

Please email us at: support.team@groverind.com.

You need to make sure you tap on Ok and get back to the Main Screen of VD Pro 1.0.0 first. Then press the Home key to get to the laucher. Then hit the activation key (volume key in your case).

BTW, We will refund you money. Just email us at supplied email address above.

Thanks for you time,
    Noel Grover
  19.    #39  
    Mr. Grover,

I am not trying to beat a dead horse here, but there are OBVIOUS problems with this software.

It seems that you aren't willing to see that, and seem to think that we haven't read the istructions that came with the product.

I have gotten past the reset problem, but not by what you offered me, but rather by another poster. Now, I can record a contact, but when I try to use it, it continually says "no match". I then tried to re-record the contact, and got the hang at "listening" and never going further. Per another users suggestion, I did a soft reset, and tried again. It recognized the contact, but the never dialed it, the number just sat on my phone screen. I then tried again, and got the lovely "no match" until I did a soft reset again, and the whole thing starts all over.

With this many issues and this many very smart and tech savvy people having problems, I can't imagine paying $34.95 for this prouct.

Again, I am very interested in the features this product claims to offer, so if and when these bugs are fixed, I will be the first in line to buy it.
    when you say a cmd make sure you say it after the beep and speak it clear. For expierence it works well if you say the cmds loud and clearly.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I loaded up the pro version a couple of days ago and deleted the whole mess last nite. orry to say but it was a complete waste of time.
    Here's what I did to test this.

Installed all prc's as staed many times in these threads.
    Read the manual.
    Recorded a tag to open Teal Auto. I said mileage as that is mainly what I use it for.
    Tested the recidng aseveral times and got anywhere from 86 to 100% on the test.
    Went into Prefs and enabled VDPro. Changed nothing else.
    Set the activation to Volume UP.
    Exited the program completely. When to the phone app.
    Pushed the VUP and saw the Listening screen
    Said" Mileage"
    Waited.
    Heard a womans voice say "No match"
    Tried again. Same result.
    Went back into VD PRO and disabled it.
    Tried recording a speeddial to my office number.
    Set it all up and the hit record.
    Says listening but does nothing else.
    Tried to record many times. No luck.
    Hit ok, goes to main screen and shows a tag for teal auto and my office number.
    Go to Prefs and enable program
    Exit.
    hit V up and get listening prompt.
    Tried "mileage", no joy.
    tried "Office" no joy.

Deleted whole business, soft reset and installed it all again.
    Repeated above steps and got THE SAME RESULTS!!

Deleted programs.

Just glad I didnt shell out the $34.95 up front.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast