1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Is there a simple/free program which will let me play MP3's as my ringtone? I've got Pocket Tunes loaded but don't see any way of using that.

Would appreciate your advice.

Regards

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    There are numerous apps that do this. Search for apps like lightwav, mp3ringer etc at Toysoft.ca. Also various apps like Callfilter, Butler and even Treoguard have limited mp3 ringer functionality...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you are looking for mp3 ringer for your Treo 650 then use CallShields Pro 1.50. Works for me without a problem. Just make sure you save the mp3s in the AUDIO folder of your SD card. But the program isnt free.
    Does one have to have an SD card to use MP3 ringers?" My free one is coming anyway, so it's fine, but can you not use them without one?
    Most mp3's are simply too large to store in RAM. You'll want an sd card.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Has anyone used Mp3Ringer? Im using it now and every so often when an incoming call the fone resets. I notice its due most it part to mp3ringer. I have tried lightwav which is still quirky and ringo which so far its pretty good.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Has anyone used Mp3Ringer? Im using it now and every so often when an incoming call the fone resets. I notice its due most it part to mp3ringer. I have tried lightwav which is still quirky and ringo which so far its pretty good.
    Same here. Evey so often MP3 Ringer will reset my phone on an incoming call. What version of ringo are you using? When I used it all the calls came in as "No Caller ID"
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Same here. Evey so often MP3 Ringer will reset my phone on an incoming call. What version of ringo are you using? When I used it all the calls came in as "No Caller ID"
    I sent Ringo support an email and they sent me a newer version than whats on there site. Send me a PM