1.    #1  
    Hi, I have a problem where I need to dial a number that is in an application while I am on a phone call. The exact situation is:

I call a 1800 calling card number.
    I then need to enter my account number, which I have stored in a memo.
    I then need to enter a phone number, which I have stored in contacts.

The problem is that I dont know how to enter the numbers while looking at them, so I have to basically memorize some numbers, go back to the phone app, go back and memorize more numbers, etc. This takes way too long and I usually take too long for it to work at all. I have searched the forums and found out about apps that will let me dial straight from a memo, but they seem to only work when placing new calls, and that is not my situation. Any ideas?
    You can enter a favorite in the phone app with extra digits. These are numbers to be dialed after the call. Sounds like this is what you want isn't it?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    yeah. it is kind of what I want to do, except that I need to wait for the voice prompt, and I think if I do it the way you suggest, the numbers will get entered immediatly. I guess it is not a huge problem, I don't need it every day, just often enough for it to be annoying.

Sorry if this message comes out disheveled I am trial posting from the treo, and I am still adapting to the thumb keyboard.
  4.    #4  
    hey, I just found the extra digits you were talking about and I think it will work good enough to make it a lot less annoying, not perfect though, so any other ideas are still welcome. Thanks for the tip though.
    If you need to wait for a prompt, you can:

a.) Don't use the dial immediately option, then you hit a key (don't remember which one) to start the dialing of the string.

or

b.) insert pauses (use a , to pause about a second). This is what I do for the work voicemail prompts.

Quote Originally Posted by khronos21
    yeah. it is kind of what I want to do, except that I need to wait for the voice prompt, and I think if I do it the way you suggest, the numbers will get entered immediatly. I guess it is not a huge problem, I don't need it every day, just often enough for it to be annoying.

Sorry if this message comes out disheveled I am trial posting from the treo, and I am still adapting to the thumb keyboard.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680