1.    #1  
    Does this work. I am about to test it out as soon as I get the provisioning corrected. Anyone tried it>? I have not seen it on any of the lists floating around. Thx in advance.
    Why would you need this though? The MO-SMS functionality on the 650 like the 600 was activated by Sprint long time ago...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Why would you need this though? The MO-SMS functionality on the 650 like the 600 was activated by Sprint long time ago...

Because I only get 100 messages a month. Some months I was using 400. And I purchased the software just for that reason. Also sprints SMS system is in and out for me. Sometimes I get the messages, sometimes I do not. I felt that using treo600sms was better at delivering messages. I know there was a previous post about this, where there was a study done and only 50% on average SMS get through, where as the 600sms was almost 100 percent.
  4.    #4  
    Doesnt work...it says when you try to use it..not working on 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme
    Because I only get 100 messages a month. Some months I was using 400. And I purchased the software just for that reason. Also sprints SMS system is in and out for me. Sometimes I get the messages, sometimes I do not. I felt that using treo600sms was better at delivering messages. I know there was a previous post about this, where there was a study done and only 50% on average SMS get through, where as the 600sms was almost 100 percent.

Oh Ok... As I recall, Sprint grandfathered unlimited SMS to your account if you already had a MO-SMS capable handset prior to the official launch early this year (I recall FEB 2004). That means, if you had a Treo 600 before Sprint officially launched MO-SMS, then you should have been grandfathered with unlimited sms! Thankfully I was and have not used Treo600SMS since.

However, it sucks to hear that Treo600SMS doesn't work on the 650. You might try contacting pdaaaps directly to see if they will support this in the future...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Yea, I spent hours on the phone months back to get this grandfathered. No luck. I am about to contact them, because I paid 20 bucks for this prog. And for it not to work...that sucks.