1.    #1  
    I just moved from a Sprint T600 to a Cingular T600 (prompted by the SO). The Sprint always kept track of which timezone I was in and adjusted the time accordingly. I just took it for granted, because every Sprint phone I owned did that.

However, it appears that the Cingular one that I have -- I actually have to change the timezone manually in Prefs when I travel? Is this just a Cingular issue or is this a GSM vs. CDMA Treo issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    I just moved from a Sprint T600 to a Cingular T600 (prompted by the SO). The Sprint always kept track of which timezone I was in and adjusted the time accordingly. I just took it for granted, because every Sprint phone I owned did that.

However, it appears that the Cingular one that I have -- I actually have to change the timezone manually in Prefs when I travel? Is this just a Cingular issue or is this a GSM vs. CDMA Treo issue?

I believe this is a GSM issue AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Try$ $using$ $netclock$ $to$ $adjust$ $your$ $Treo$ $to$ $world$ $standard$ $time$...

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/netclock.shtml

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    No time signal on Cingular for Treos.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    you might want to just change the time and NOT the timezone. changing the timezone also changes all your meeting and reminder times...total pia!!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    When I use Nokia 6310i with Cingular, the timezone will be automatically changed. Therefore, I think treo 600 doesn't come with such a function?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg
    you might want to just change the time and NOT the timezone. changing the timezone also changes all your meeting and reminder times...total pia!!
    Actually I try to keep my meetings standardized on a single timezone, so even if I have an east coast meeting, that meeting is three hours ahead in my calendar.

Therefore, the timezone change works well for me.
    I'm don't use this one, but aDSTKeeper 4.4 from Palmgear might work.