1.    #1  
    I'm trying to use Versamail with my regular pop email account, and it retrieves messages fine, but when I try to send mail I get an error message that says "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)." Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
    I don't know for sure where it is (I don't have a 650 yet,) but check in the Versamail config/preferences and somewhere there should be a box to check for SMPT outgoing server requires authentication. It's possible you can retrieve but not send because this isn't setup right.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    i had same problem you need to conf smtp to smtp.sprintpcs.com then go on line to your sprint account get into setting and change over to your pop3 account email add.
    after that it should work like a charm.joel
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by specbz
    i had same problem you need to conf smtp to smtp.sprintpcs.com then go on line to your sprint account get into setting and change over to your pop3 account email add.
    after that it should work like a charm.joel

I tried checking the box to verify outgoing server, but got a timeout message. Specbz, how do you set up on the Sprint site and where do you input your outgoing mail server? All I could find was an option to collect other email accounts into your sprint mailbox.
    sign on to you sprint account ,then sign on to your mail account once in your mail account on left hand side it says settings and preferences click on that. in the window that come up you will see 4 boxes come up the ist two are empty those are for password changes the next two you put your name in the top one and your pop3 emai add in the bottom one then below that ck 1st box only. next in your versamail on your phone go to account set up go to advanced in the smtp only chk the 2nd box for esmtp and then put in your sprint email add. and your sprint password which is the same that lets you on the sprint main site, hope this helps..joel
    Quote Originally Posted by akmountaineer
    I'm trying to use Versamail with my regular pop email account, and it retrieves messages fine, but when I try to send mail I get an error message that says "553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)." Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
    This kind of message is a server response message being relayed by VersaMail. It does not come from VersaMail.
    I am having the same exact problem. Did a search for "Error 553" and this thread came up.

Was there a fix for this?
    what version of the 650 are you using? and what pop email are you running? might be as simple as changing a port number.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    what version of the 650 are you using? and what pop email are you running? might be as simple as changing a port number.
    Whew...fixed it!

I went into Account Set Up, Advanced and checked the box "Use Authentication (ESMTP)." I then input my POP3 username and password and I am now good to go.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff
    Whew...fixed it!

I went into Account Set Up, Advanced and checked the box "Use Authentication (ESMTP)." I then input my POP3 username and password and I am now good to go.

no problemo. i can't articulate how flustered i was not being able to send outgoing gmail email on my 650 with versamail, when a moment before that i was sending and receiving them on my 600 like there was no tomorrow. glad to see you got it settled out.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Thanks for the help
    WOW, I always had problems with versa mail ALWAYS thats the one thing I hated about the phone it was just the worse always something wrong!.
    This worked for me on my 700p as well. I knew this was a good site! Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Whew...fixed it!

AWESOME !!...I just set up this account to say THANK YOU....I have a 755p and your fix worked for me

Thanks
    I am soooooo glad that there was a discussion on this error. A big "thank you" to those who contribute their helpful solutions to solve other people's problems! This was very easy to fix by following the instructions posted here.

This website is invaluable!!!