1.    #1  
    I can't sync the 650 on a PowerBook via USB. There's no recognition between the devices. I've followed the palmone KB article. Sync via bluetooth is working fine, but painfully slow. My T3 was syncing fine via usb just before this. Anyone have a clue?
    I am scrolling through looking for the same answer. I have had my phone working for three days and just came back from traveling and I could not get any sync with 650 cable. 600 never gave me this problem. On the way home, I looked at the sync set up in the book and it has the power cable attached to the sync button. This may be both our issues. Try to hook the power cable up to 650 sync cable and then try. I am on stable w2k and bummed first one did not sync with all my new information. all is is working well including no complaints on receiving or making calls, blazer, contacts and only slight delay when making calls from contacts. Let me know if this works. I will try tomorrow when I bring pwer cable in. Looking for an answer.
    I can't really say what the problem is, mine is synching just fine. I assume you correctly installed the software? What I did was remove all the old software and then install from the CD.

If yours is synch OK via bluetooth but via USB, make sure the USB connection setting is checked. Other than that it sounds like the USB driver didn't get installed correctly.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I am not trying to sync using bluetooth but USB supplied cable. I am hoping it is something simple but I guess I will need to try a soft reset first, the reinstall CD, worried about all the data I have added on PC today and phone while traveling M-T. WOuld hurt bad to lose any of this since I can't remember what I changed in the contacts/memos/tasks. I am sales manager and just barely know how to turn my PC on. HOW DO I MAKE SURE THE USB CONNECTION IS CHECKED?? Cradle/Cable is checked on 650 sync screen along with local setting. T600 was great since I did not need to do any tricks or reinstalls with PC.
    have you ensured that the hotsync selection isn't still on a bluetooth connection? and if that doesnt work, toy can look at the bluetooth settings on your mac and try de-selecting bluetooth and ensuring USB is checked, and try again...

co to your documents folder/pal/users/(your user name)/ hotsync.

double click on that and that should bring you to the hotsync manager, that is where you make sure that USB is checked. and de-select bluetooth if you choose.

hope that helps
    I had the same problem with my powerbook. It was right after I installed Missing Sync, so I thought that was the culpret. When I wrote to tech support (for Missing Sync), I was told the same thing happened to them and it was because the cable wasn't attached well and to make sure to push the cable in tightly. I figured it was a typical tech-support blow-off...but strangely enough, it fixed the situaiton. I know. It's lame but it worked.
    Can you do reverse duns with missing sync on the 650 with the mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    Can you do reverse duns with missing sync on the 650 with the mac?
    If you're asking if it's possible, it is. In fact it's incredibly easy; the bulk of the setup is on the Palm. It's just one button to click on the Mac.
  9.    #9  
    bluetooth sync works just fine, takes too long though. i think the problem is the cable contacts on the phone side of the sync cable. looking very closely, 3 of the 4 grouped contacts are shorter than the 4th, which makes me think they're not making contact correctly. i'm going to go to the sprint store tomorrow and ask them to try another cable on it. i also tried to hotsync with the cable on another pc and it didn't work, pointing at the 650 or the cable as the culprit, not the computers.
    I can see the loose cable theory. I've been having trouble getting through a sync when I've got a lot of files to install. The new universal connector is "strange" to me now that I'm using it for the first time.... No clips to press to insert and take out--I've been gentle with it 'cause this reminds me of damaged connectors in the old Treo mold (clips not working there, bad memories)...I might not be forceful enough getting it in. I'll make good and sure it's in there and see if it gets better.
    My connector is working fine, and it looks just like you describe. So I don't think there is any physical problem with your cable although there could still be a connection problem.

FYI, the connector and cable is the same as the T5. These should be readily available in stores, maybe you could get another cable to try.

Quote Originally Posted by snowler
    bluetooth sync works just fine, takes too long though. i think the problem is the cable contacts on the phone side of the sync cable. looking very closely, 3 of the 4 grouped contacts are shorter than the 4th, which makes me think they're not making contact correctly. i'm going to go to the sprint store tomorrow and ask them to try another cable on it. i also tried to hotsync with the cable on another pc and it didn't work, pointing at the 650 or the cable as the culprit, not the computers.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  12.    #12  
    Well, it turns out it was the cable. Got a new cable at the sprint store and it works. Hmmm.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Did you have to pay for the new cable or did they give it to you under warranty replacement?