Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm in need of a good BT headset for my new Treo 650. So far the 2 that are mentioned most favorably are Moto 850 and SE HBH 660. What is the best, pros and cons or is there something better?
    I am interested in both of these as well. I am hoping someone has experiences to share.
  3.    #3  
    There's alot to read but no definitive answers. I didn't want to wait any longer so I ordered a HBH660. I'll try to write a review after using for a while. Should get it in by week's end.
    I have the hbh 660 and I like it very much the only part that did not make sense to me was the design of how the earpiece didn't fit right above the earcanal does it was a littlle to low of a volume issue for me but I got around it by " combining " the ear gel from an old jabra headset and hbh 660. now it works wonderful and clear. if you guys want a review here it is:
    so here is the report on hbh-600 ( please excuse the spelling mistakes english is second lingo)

fitting: a little cumbersom, not centered on your ear canal.
    pairing : easy as a breez
    reciving calls: A. rings in your ear
    B. NUMBER APPEARS ON LED SCREEN
    C. when butten on headset is press the call cuts tru to the headset
    D.able to hangup from headset with the same butten.
    E. no static when phone is around the 3-5 ft zone.
    F. to dial your phone all you need is to enter the number and press
    talk,cuts tru the headset right away with no dely what so ever.
    volum on headset is not bad... so it looks like I will stay with this one.
    also was able to reject calls from the headset just like it supose to.

hope it helped
    eli
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    I have the hbh 660 and I like it very much the only part that did not make sense to me was the design of how the earpiece didn't fit right above the earcanal does it was a littlle to low of a volume issue for me but I got around it by " combining " the ear gel from an old jabra headset and hbh 660. now it works wonderful and clear. eli
    Could you explain how you "combined" the ear gel to the HBH660? Thanks
    So I'll ask the question I've asked before: can the HBH-660 be worn on the left ear?
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase
    So I'll ask the question I've asked before: can the HBH-660 be worn on the left ear?
    yes its switchable. Pretty much all bt headsets are anymore.
    hbh-660 is very nice. Volume is not an issue especially once you mute/unmute on the phone. The caller id works pretty well.

Jeff Gibson of Cradle Care and Screen care is going to look at the volume issue sometime soon. Maybe we'll get a fix and then any bt headset will be better.
    Last edited by Woof; 12/09/2004 at 01:29 AM. Reason: adding
    Also contacting Jeff and encouraging him may show him how important this issue is to the bt users. Just a thought.
    Was this test of the HBH-660 done with a treo 650 from Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidoff
    Was this test of the HBH-660 done with a treo 650 from Sprint?
    Pix can answer fo hmself, but I have used the 660 with the 650 and it works as said. Awesome.

Much better than the Moto. (and yes, I tested both)

I find the volume fine.
    The 660 is the best BT headset out there currently.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Also contacting Jeff and encouraging him may show him how important this issue is to the bt users. Just a thought.
    Woof:

How to get in touch with Jeff and ask him to PLEASE help with volume issue! I like the HBH 660 but volume could be better. Part of problem is how it doesn't fit properly into th ear canal. Please Keep us informed.
    Quote Originally Posted by litigator201
    Woof:

How to get in touch with Jeff and ask him to PLEASE help with volume issue! I like the HBH 660 but volume could be better. Part of problem is how it doesn't fit properly into th ear canal. Please Keep us informed.
    send him a pm or email. He is a user on this board and has his own area in the developers forum.
    I tried both headsets. The Moto 850 does not have the volume of the Sony HBH660, or the reception.

Given both the volume and BT issues with the Treo, the HBH660 is much better.

Too bad, the Hs850 looks *much* nicer, and has the nice "off while not on your ear" feature that make standby time measured in weeks, not hours.

My friend has one for his new RAZR and it works fantastic. I'm jealous. (Though I guess it's no surprise a moto headset and moto phone would work great together).

Anyway, for the 650 the HBH660 is it.
    I've tried the Motorola 850 expecting good things since it worked fantastic with a V3 Razr. However it doesn't autoconnect when dialing out and worse it doesn't ring on an incoming call (only the Treo rings). I currently have the HBH-65 which works well and handles the autoconnect and ringing correctly. It could be a bit louder and sometimes has some static. I plan to get an HBH-660 to replace it and sell the Motorola 850.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have the 850 and like the form factor and functionality. However, I too am plagued by the volume issue and have great trouble hearing anyone who is not yelling (i.e. my wife about the money spent on bluetooth headsets). I have tried the mute/unmute trick but have had zero benefit from it -- it simply produces no change for me.

I had the HBH 300 and found the volume adequate, but hated the form factor and the way it positioned on the ear. It kept feeling like it was about to fall off at any moment.

I am encouraged by the comments that the sound on the 660 is better than the 850. Can 660 owners please provide thoughts on stability, ease of putting on and off (especially while driving and the phone rings) and general comfort?

Thanks.

Hopefully some of this will become moot IF P1 can issue a ROM flash that at least fixes this problem. How can so many headsets perform so badly?
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but there are no problems with the 660 if you wear glasses.
    Does the caller id display just the number or the name if it is in the phone book?
    Quote Originally Posted by ethune
    Does the caller id display just the number or the name if it is in the phone book?
    Just the number, which is scrolled left to right. Since your phone is ringing during that period, youl'll probably end up just answering the phone via the headset or looking at your Treo screen to see who is calling. Regardless, it is a pretty good headset and the little screen is useful.
    I have the 660 and like it ALOT.. It has a nice wire so you wear it around your ncekc like jewelry and its always right easy to get to.

its small its comfy.... it stays in the ear even eithout that clip... and works fine if you have glasses.

Its loud.. its the best

Until maybe the jabra BT800 which really looks awesome when it gets here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast