Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My local sprint store is going to swap my 600 to a 650. They went to order the refurb for the swap and said they were not in the list yet.

I know it was just released, but does anyone know how fast they will be having the refurbs to swap out? The would not give me a brand new 650 but they would give me a refurb if it was available.

Any suggestions on the swap? Or can I find a way to get a new one somehow?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    be happy with a refurb. who cares youre not paying and its still under warranty.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the great wise advice. But if you READ the post they do not have any refurbs to give out. Please post only relevant comments. I am trying to find out WHEN they will get them instock from SOMEBODY who might know. But thanks for <snip>.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/06/2004 at 07:51 PM. Reason: language
    A bit sensipoo, aren't we?
    They mailed me a new 650 for my 600 to 650 swap....
    I got a the store to swap for a new one, so it can happen, but I may have just been really lucky. I've had my 650 almost a week now. The whole long story:

When I picked up my 3rd phone (2nd replacement) I had been told by a store rep that if my phone died again I could get a free upgrade. That 600 died about a two weeks ago.

First time at sprint store: "No way, you're making it up, you can call and try phone support"
    Phone: "Yes, it can happen, but requires store manager approval"
    Second time at store: "Come back when the manager is here"
    Third time at store: Explained what I knew, asked to get a swap or credit for the 600 towards a 650. Manager agreed to a swap for a new phone, but only once the store had 650s. I called every day and got one from the first shipment last week.

I also said I was planning on adding a cheap line/phone to my acct. I don't know if that mattered to him. He made notes in my record on the spot and never checked to see if I got another phone (I did, but it was a couple days later).

You should be happy with the refub, I would be. I also understand being anxious to upgrade. Hopefully you'll get a 650 soon one way or another.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    They mailed me a new 650 for my 600 to 650 swap....
    How did you go about doing this? The store or 800?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by vyccid
    I got a the store to swap for a new one, so it can happen, but I may have just been really lucky. I've had my 650 almost a week now. The whole long story:

When I picked up my 3rd phone (2nd replacement) I had been told by a store rep that if my phone died again I could get a free upgrade. That 600 died about a two weeks ago.

First time at sprint store: "No way, you're making it up, you can call and try phone support"
    Phone: "Yes, it can happen, but requires store manager approval"
    Second time at store: "Come back when the manager is here"
    Third time at store: Explained what I knew, asked to get a swap or credit for the 600 towards a 650. Manager agreed to a swap for a new phone, but only once the store had 650s. I called every day and got one from the first shipment last week.

I also said I was planning on adding a cheap line/phone to my acct. I don't know if that mattered to him. He made notes in my record on the spot and never checked to see if I got another phone (I did, but it was a couple days later).

You should be happy with the refub, I would be. I also understand being anxious to upgrade. Hopefully you'll get a 650 soon one way or another.
    I have no problem with the refurb at all. It is just when I had the 600 first time around and it had problems it took them weeks to get the new unit in. So I didnt know how I could speed up the process, because if this just was released I am sure it will take weeks to get refurbs. And yes I am very touchy when people thread <snip>.
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/06/2004 at 07:53 PM. Reason: language
    Local store upgraded me to a new 650 this weekend also. They wanted to replace with Treo 600 #6 and I said no way! I actually didn't want another Treo of any variation. I've had so much crap with these that I wanted to go back to a regular cell phone. The only problem was I'm not giving up a $600 phone to get a phone worth half its value. The rep talked to the manager and they agreed that since all 5 of my phones had failed diagnostics and I had not abused them they would upgrade me to the 650. I have to say I'm impressed so far! There was difficulty provisioning but thankfully I got a tech that was knowledgeable and we worked it out in a matter of minutes.

If this phone dies I will NOT be getting another Treo! I'm sure I've had just a really bad string of bad luck; my old Sanyo never had a problem and still works to this day. The phone is almost 6 years old. Why can't they make phones like that anymore?
    I called the 800# and told them that I am tired of replacing the 600 and that I want to exchange it for a different phone of equal value.

I have no Idea if my biz account made a difference or not

At one point they told me I would have to pay for the 650 and then I would receive a credit when they received my 600.

Then I was on hold for a monment and when she came back she said they are the same price so she would just do a warranty swap.

The first lady I spoke to said NO WAY. So (fortunately) I was disconnected and when I called back to appologize I told the new lady my story and she was much more receptive. I think it depends on your attitude and their mood.
    Good Luck
  11.    #11  
    I am business account holder. Do you happen to have that phone number?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveme
    Thanks for the great wise advice. But if you READ the post they do not have any refurbs to give out. Please post only relevant comments. I am trying to find out WHEN they will get them instock from SOMEBODY who might know. But thanks for <snip>.
    Wow thanks. You are the first person to bug out on me on this forum which is pretty amazing having been on here for more than a year. Truly! You are a great person.....
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 12/06/2004 at 07:54 PM. Reason: inappropriate content
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    Wow thanks. You are the first person to bug out on me on this forum which is pretty amazing having been on here for more than a year. Truly! You are a great person.....
    I dont care if you have been here for 100 years. Post relevant information.
    I am business account holder. Do you happen to have that phone number?

1-888-253-1315
    Great thread! I've had a 600 for about a year and recently purchased a 650 in addition to my 600. I've been through plenty or replacements with Sprint but the idea of being able to replace my 600 for a 650 at no additional cost makes me wanna play football with the 600. Anyone now of a good way for my 600 to encounter an untimely demise! With two 650's I could conquer the universe. TIA!!!
  16.    #16  
    I just got back from the sprint store. Heres the story.

I have a business account. After 5 replacement I had them notate the account to upgrade from a 600 to a 650, the regular personal accounts did this for me. That is where it takes work. Most will tell you they will not do it, because its against policy, but if you call enough times you can talk your way into someone doing that.

Then I called the business line and asked them to ship me an upgraded warranty exchange phone, they would not. But the rep said hed would call the store for me to put me on the warranty exchange list. He called the store and the manager said that there was no list, and they were supposed to upgrade to the 650 brand new. So I drove out to the store and they exchanged it with no troubles.

My time to do all this was about 5-6 hours total with phone, driving, and chatting. Worth the time, as I have the time to waste. So far the phone looks great, way better camera, and I am about to dig into the threads on hotsyncing and upgrading.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    im so sorry i skimmed for gods sake.
    heres some relevant information...
    i got my swap today for a brand new one.
    if you have a boxwave protector, take it off first. the ape of a tech guy decided to use a pair of needles nose pliers and scratch the living crap out of the protector. i whined until he gave me a $15 credit on my phone bill but called me crazy for paying that much for a piece of plastic.

haha
    Last edited by wahili; 12/06/2004 at 04:31 PM.
    I went through about 12 Treo 600 warranty replacements. All in all it does all depend on who you speak to at Sprint. My advice is, whatever you want from them, keep calling until you get someone who will give you what you want. I have followed my own advice & have received a free Treo 600 & Treo 650 from speaking to the "right" person at Sprint. Good luck!
    Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, but is the "warranty replacement" something that can only be done within a certain time period after purchase of the original phone, or is it the same as the insurance that one pays for monthly. I am still on my original Handspring unit, although I have had some issues with it, it is still mostly functional (I need to see if a hard reset will fix the camera, I get nothing but static when trying to take a photo). The roadshow didn't come anywhere near me, so I either find a cheap way of switching to the 650, or end up with a refurb 600 (my preference should be obvious). I played with a 650 briefly the other day, and the screen was a huge improvement, as was the camera (still not perfect, but at least usable). Basically the 650 is what the 600 should have been in the first place.
    I am very touchy when people thread...
    And I get very touchy when people use inappropriate language!

Please keep it civil.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast