Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard any further information on the so called P1 offer of a free 128MB card for those of us with memory problems?

I am down to just over 1MB and I don't really have that much installed on my T650.

I've taken a look on the P1 website but nothing (obvious at least) is showing up.

Thanks.
    Gotta get yourself an SD card....

Try using PowerRun or Zlauncher with you SD card in the interim
    I called P1 to ask a question the other day and also asked them about the free SD card.

They said all you have to do is ask and they are shipping now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbdd
    I called P1 to ask a question the other day and also asked them about the free SD card.

They said all you have to do is ask and they are shipping now.

I just called and spoke to someone in India. She says that P1 is not sending out the SD now, but is planned for mid December sometime. Bummer!
  5.    #5  
    On the phone right now with P1 and was told that the free memory card is a rumour and that they are not affiliated with Treo Central. I then asked what they were doing about the memory issue and that fact that I have just over 1MB free and I have not installed all the apps that I had on my Treo 600.

Now on hold while I wait for tech support.

Not sounding good though.
    I just spoke with them and they said not available yet, to look at the treocentral website for an article when it becomes available.
    Whaaat? It's just a rumour? Not like I can't go get a 128 Mb card at Walmart for around $15, but that is sorry. Sounds like they want to renegotiate on their short term solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    On the phone right now with P1 and was told that the free memory card is a rumour and that they are not affiliated with Treo Central. I then asked what they were doing about the memory issue and that fact that I have just over 1MB free and I have not installed all the apps that I had on my Treo 600.

Now on hold while I wait for tech support.

Not sounding good though.

W T F ??????

Unbelievable.
  9.    #9  
    Ok, got through to tech support and an Indian woman stated that Mid-December is when we can expect an update on this and to check the P1 website then.
    Does anyone know how reliable these cards are? I have been a little afraid to put important stuff on the card for fear of relying on the card. This phone was clearly designed to require a card and one far more than a measily 128MB. I still want it because what the hell, it's free but I use a 512MB card right now.

By the way, how do you always get the Indian woman?

Eric
    I've bought dirt cheap SD cards before and they've always worked fine. Of course they may not be as fast as the Sandisk "Ultra Mega 800x V10" model, but I'm not in that big of a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric

Eric

Must... resist... must... resist

Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    I just called and spoke to someone in India. She says that P1 is not sending out the SD now, but is planned for mid December sometime. Bummer!
    Well I had the same experience as everyone else on this thread (except you). P1 says that nothing is official yet, even the SD card is a rumor, and that they'll do "something" either late this month or early next to address the issue.
    I'm going to call P1 on my 650 and let them struggle with understanding my choppy voice. What # is everyone calling to ask about the 'free' 128 mb cards?
    Last edited by ericshmerick; 12/06/2004 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZoP
    Must... resist... must... resist

Just thought it was funny. I keep getting some sexy sounding girl.
    If this is a true rumour, and that the story about giving away a free SD will hurt P1's image if they do not live up to it, there surely will be lawsuits flying all over to those internet sites that spread these rumours.
    I called them late last week and the guy on the phone gave me the mid-December line too.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    So, people have been complaining about the Treo 650's memory. My 600 has 23.8 megs, and I have 9 of that free. How much total memory does the 650 have?? No one seems to have told us that. Interesting that the Tungsten T5 has 256 megs. One wonders why the Treo didn't come out with 512mb so you could store movies, photos and maps and use the Sdio slot for a GPS?

Anyway, will some one please do a menu/info command and tell us the total ram? Thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Eric
    What I am wondering is how does the issue of memory problems with the Treo 650 and/or the free SD card issue have anything to do with the customer rep being a woman or being Indian for that matter. Also, how does he know she is Indian? I am sure it's not something they disclose as part of their greeting.
    I have been using the Treo 600 for almost a yr now and have been waiting for an upgrade ever since, but it seeems due the emory issue the Treo650 is actually going to be a step back rather than an upgrade. I fail to understand how giving a free 128mb card solves any problems considering that I already have a 512mb card in my phone and I am perpetually struggling for more RAM since a lot of programs are require to be in RAM and not on the card.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/08/2004 at 07:31 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast