1.    #1  
    Got the Jabra A210 Bluetooth enabler and the Jabra BT250 headset this weekend and here is my initial review.

I have been frustrated in my quest to find a good sounding headset that also transmits well. It seems the headsets I have tried in the past have always either sounded great on my end but awful on the receiving end or vice versa. I must have tried about 10 headsets so far (including the new Shure headset which was supposed to be great..NOT).

Well, I am pleased to report that the Jabra Blue tooth setup I am now using is simply awesome. Sound clarity is terrific and even cancels out background noise so I can use it in noisy environments and the people I have called all say I am loud and clear and don't sound any different than if I was talking directly into the phone.

The features on the headset make it very easy to use (Pick up, end call and volume contols are all on the headset) and the battery life is tremendous (been on standby for 3 days so far and have used it to talk for about 3.5 hours without recharging).

It's nice to be able to leave the phone in my bag and still get my calls. I can move up to 20+ feet from my phone without appreciable loss of signal or clarity and being wireless is the best thing since sliced bread if you are tired of constantly wrapping and unwrapping your headset cord.

The adapter (A210) is very small and thin and either clips on my belt if the phone is in my pocket, or attaches to my phone for when it in my bag or in my car. It is almost completely unubtrusive (which was a big concern for me).

The headset is very comfortable to wear and you don't get the same type of ear canal fatigue as with other "in the ear" style headsets due to the very soft gel ear piece. It even fits well when I wear my glasses/ sunglasses.

The only downside is that I now am plugging in 3 different recharger units to keep my phone, headset and adapter charged. Not a huge deal, but not the best case for extended travel. Also the headset unit itself is not small (although it IS very light), however most of the bulk sits behind your ear and isn't as noticeable.

The investment is a bit steep because you have to spring for the A210 bluetooth adapter (around $50) but the price is worth it if you are looking for the convenience of an excellent cordless headset and you are not willing to spend the $600 for the new Treo with BT. Plus you can always use the BT250 when you get your new T700 and sell the adapter on eBay.

Overall Ratings (1-10):
    Sound clarity = 9.5
    Comfort = 9.5 (could wear it all day)
    Style = 7.5 (could be smaller)
    Convenience / ease of use = 10
    Battery Life = 10
    Last edited by mjolnir2k; 12/06/2004 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings. Thanks for your review.

My question is, the A110 is the car charger and the A210 is the adapter.

Thanks for the clarification.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Greetings. Thanks for your review.

My question is, the A110 is the car charger and the A210 is the adapter.

Thanks for the clarification.
    My mistake. The bluetooth adapter is indeed the A210 not the A110 as I indicated.
    i have the bt 200 with bluetooth dongle and it sucks. when i pick up the phone with the head set it picks up the phone and automatically hangs up on people. i have to set it to the mode where i have to pick it up on the phone and then pick it up opn the headset. very annoying. i am goign to sell the jabra and try out the g2 this week. i hope it works better!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny
    i have the bt 200 with bluetooth dongle and it sucks. when i pick up the phone with the head set it picks up the phone and automatically hangs up on people. i have to set it to the mode where i have to pick it up on the phone and then pick it up opn the headset. very annoying. i am goign to sell the jabra and try out the g2 this week. i hope it works better!
    Hmm, Maybe that's a problem with the BT200, but it works fine with my BT250
    Quote Originally Posted by sanny

The A210 adapter is completely different from the one you have. It is indeed much better.
    Can you let us know where your purchased this hardware and how much you paid ?
    So , what was the price like....mind telling us tooo
    yeah how much does it cost? where did you buy it?