View Poll Results: Did your treo 600 reset when trying this method?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

10 90.91%
  1.    #1  
    After MAKING a call or even during a call, find a contact and go into details of it, hit edit, and if it doesnt reset already, try to hit the notes button. Mine treo continues to reset as soon as I hit edit either during or after making a call. I've reinstalled everything from a hard reset and it still does this. If anyone else has found the problem that causes this or any other solutions, please let me know. Thanks!
    Nope. I just called my wife, no answer, but the whole time I was editing several contacts, tapping on Note...you name it. Not one reset.....sorry.

EDIT: I should add that I am on VZW.
    Last edited by Vipermad; 12/09/2004 at 08:15 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for testing vipermad. anyone else maybe? could I be the only one with this problem?
    Nope, sorry. Works perfectly.

Does it happen after a hard reset with no apps reinstalled?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    This may be a stupid question, but how do you get into contacts during a call. I don't see it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeeboy51
    After MAKING a call or even during a call, find a contact and go into details of it, hit edit, and if it doesnt reset already, try to hit the notes button. Mine treo continues to reset as soon as I hit edit either during or after making a call. I've reinstalled everything from a hard reset and it still does this. If anyone else has found the problem that causes this or any other solutions, please let me know. Thanks!
    I have the same problem
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924
    This may be a stupid question, but how do you get into contacts during a call. I don't see it?
    Just hit the phone button again to get to the main screen, then hit down on the nav button (thats the default setting) to get to contacts.

WBO, any idea whats causing it? Maybe lightwav? It causes so many other random resets every now and then.
    Didnt do anything to mine.
    check your latest downloads it maybe one of them corrupting your contacts.
    Could be a corrupt contact database. I've had that happen.
    perform a hard reset in your treo 600. after doing a hard reset, test your device..if you have the same problem then your device is completely nuts. have it replaced or repaired.

note:
    make sure that after hard reset, do not synchronize your device with your pc. test the device after performing the hard reset. if it works fine, maybe its just some application conflict.
    - i used to think that nurses were women ; i used to think that policemen were men ; i used to think that poets were boring.......until i became one of them.undefined
    Nope. Not having that problem (thank God -- I have enough problems). I'm on VZW also.

I agree about the corruption possibility and it might be in your SAVED_PREFERENCES instead of your contacts. I used to get a reset every time I tried to "Send" anything and only a hard reset and not restoring Saved_Preferences fixed it.

You'll want to backup everything and do a hard reset first as suggest by mudflow above.
    I don't have the problem, and I edit contacts and their notes all the time during calls. I'm guessing you have a defective unit.
    --- Baba
    It's lightwav. It did it to me too. Try uninstalling lightwav, then doing a reset. Your contacts will probably work fine at that point. I switched to Call Shield Pro after trying a couple of other mp3 ringtone apps. Seems to be the only one that doesn't affect other apps. Well, that and CallFilter, but the author doesn't seem to be interested in adding the feature that Call Shield Pro has to play an mp3 to blocked callers and then hang up on them, so until it has that, I'll use Call Shield Pro.