Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As someone who is still working to DUMP my last Treo 650.. I am really curious why you are wasting all this energy dealing with the monkeys over at compuseless-A. Call up Sprint Telesales tonight (888-253-1315), order a Treo 650, get the contract you want (even though I've had Sprint for years, I'm going to agree with the "1 year" person above- $50 isn't worth losing the leverage). Also- pay the $4 a month for the insurance - it's good odds. Sprint will ship it tomorrow overnight.

Then place a dispute with your charge card (of COURSE you bought it with a charge card, right?) stating that the agreement that you have in writing was not honored (1-year, right?), and that the store that sold you this agreement then refused to take back the merchandise without charging you a fee and you wish to dispute the entire amount. Also tell them your only acceptable resolution is a full refund, as you have already purchased another phone with the proper agreement honored.

You may end up with 2 Treo 650's if CompUSA does not step up to the plate - just make sure you have documented your steps up to this point so that you can prove you have attempted in good faith to resolve the issue with them. I've loved the "date and time stamp" shortcut for many years for the ability to track these sorts of things - combined with the treo phone log I can recall details of conversations that the credit card companies can use as evidence in disputes.

You may win directly fighting compusa, but if you want to spend your emotional energy on more productive things, just dispute it with your credit card company and let them hold compusa's feet to the fire. Life's too short.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  2.    #22  
    Hi folks,

It's been a busy week, and today I finally have the time to deal with obtaining my full rebate from compusa. thanks everyone for the tips, sugesstions, and names. I think I have enough info to get my rebate.....

Jose

(having lunch at subway. and....reading e-mails)
    Regards,

2smart4phone
  3.    #23  
    Here we go....I've talked to the managers and it looks like I'll be getting it. Patience, patience.......what should I buy with my rebate.....hmmmmm....
    Regards,

2smart4phone
  4.    #24  
    It's over. I've gotten $100 back, bringing the total to $200 in rebates plus a free 512 mb SD card. I kept my kool, held back the flurry of info and tips I had gotten from all of you. Lucky for them. By the way, the rebate was in their flyer as well as the free SD card. They couldn't say no to that!

Regards,

Jose
    Regards,

2smart4phone
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12