1.    #1  
    From reading other posts on the group, it appears this is possible via two different options:
    1. If someone some day writes a Bluetooth capable voice recognition dialing utlity for the 650. I gather such a thing today exists for the 600 and 650 via a wired headset, but there is no such thing for a bluetooth headset on the 650. Of course, there is no telling if such a utlity will ever be written, or if so, when.
    2. Using a bluetooth headset that supports internal voice tag processing (e.g. the headset itself does the voice recognition). Other posts all say this is uncommon because the hardware has to be in the headset itself. A non-headset example of this is the Parrot DriveBlue car handsfree kit.
    My question is, are there any headsets (not car kits) which have internal voice tag processing? In other words, is there any way to do voice driven dialing via a bluetooth headset today, and not wait for option #1? Reviews of bluetooth headsets I've seen often times mention voice dialing with specific devices, but I am assuming those are devices which can do the voice recognition for the headset.

I know about the Sprint voice dialing service, but of course it isn't tied to your Palm addressbook in any way. Plus, you still need to fiddle with the phone to dial the voice dialing service. I wonder if there's a way to initiate calls from the BT headset without touching the phone?

On a related question, how come reviews of BT headsets almost never mention support for the handsfree profile versus the headset profile as an issue? If you look at PalmOne's compatability chart for BT headsets it appears to make a significant functional difference.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Dan, I have the Sprint voice command and it works great. I was able to import my contact list from outlook into the address book on the sprint website. Then using the BT headset that came with the phone, I dial *and send and then voice command takes over. Works great. Probably made about 40 calls last week this way.

Norrin
    You have to dial from the Treo don't you? You can't initiate the call just from the headset with the Treo in a shirt pocket can you? With phones that have true voice dialing you can press the headset button, speak the name and the phone will dial without touching it. I don't think you can do that with the Treo can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Dan, I have the Sprint voice command and it works great. I was able to import my contact list from outlook into the address book on the sprint website. Then using the BT headset that came with the phone, I dial *and send and then voice command takes over. Works great. Probably made about 40 calls last week this way.

Norrin
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680