1.    #1  
    This is one very coool app imo! It would be awesome if this were to work on the 650... and it's FREE!!

http://www.mobilevoodoo.com/power48.htm

http://www.mobilevoodoo.com/57493.jpg

http://www.mobilevoodoo.com/57454.gif

It only works on high rez devices, so it wasn't compatible on the Treo 600. Anyone with a 650 wanna give it a try?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I am sure it will work, but what a mem hog!!

System Requirements:
    Power48 has the following minimum hardware requirements for correct operation:

PalmOS 5 based device
    High resolution screen of at least 320x320 resolution. (320x480 and 480x320 (Sony UX-40/50) also supported)
    16-bit display color depth
    ARM CPU
    16MB internal memory
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I am sure it will work, but what a mem hog!!

System Requirements:
    Power48 has the following minimum hardware requirements for correct operation:

PalmOS 5 based device
    High resolution screen of at least 320x320 resolution. (320x480 and 480x320 (Sony UX-40/50) also supported)
    16-bit display color depth
    ARM CPU
    16MB internal memory
    Yeah, but that's whay PowerRun and Zlauncher are for!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    wow, this is an incredible emulator! and it works on my 650.. I'm running the emulator and the 49g ROM straight off the card- no zlauncher or powerrun needed. now i can dig up my old hp basic programs and load them up for no practical reason at all.
    I have 49g+ calculators....would this ROM work with the 49g? I've also written some programs for use in my calculators in uRPN and this would be very useful (whenever I do get a 650 that is).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    wow, this is an incredible emulator! and it works on my 650.. I'm running the emulator and the 49g ROM straight off the card- no zlauncher or powerrun needed. now i can dig up my old hp basic programs and load them up for no practical reason at all.

Kewl! Treojunkie, how large is the Rom? Also, can you launch the app from the card via Zlauncher/PowerRun and still keep the Rom on the card? TIA!

Yup, it works fine on my 650. I'm using zLauncher to launch Power48 (and the 48SX rom) off the sd card. The 48SX rom is 257kb.
    ok, someone give me a tip. I dl'ed a ROM (which ends in .bin) and placed it in the same folder on my SD card as this app but it does not see it. Shall I RTFM?
    yep.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Yes, RTFM would be wise. You need to convert the ROM file first.

That said, this thing runs great. I've got the ROM images on the card, and am launching the program itself from the card using ZLauncher. Relatively speedy startup. Because you never know when you might need the world's greatest engineering calculator, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Kewl! Treojunkie, how large is the Rom? Also, can you launch the app from the card via Zlauncher/PowerRun and still keep the Rom on the card? TIA!
    The 49g ROM is just over 4 MB. It can be run from the card if you run the conversion tool with the "CARD" parameter. Not sure about the Zlauncher or PowerRun, but if I can run it w/o them I see no reason it shouldn't work with them.
    Would anyone want to see if a 49g+ ROM would work for me? I have it at home and would send the ROM to you to try out.