Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    i am wondering if anyone out there has good sound quality on the other end? i have a 650 and the reception on the other end is very bad. I have been reading all about it also on the other threads in 650 Hardware.

Does anyone have good call quality??
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Unless everyone is lying to me, I've asked quite a few people and no one has complained about the sound.
    Same here
    Ditto.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    hey markeagle, when did u get your 650? care to give us a quick review (good & bad)? id love to hear from a power user who truly isn't having problems...not just those who are coping w/ it.
    I have been told repeatedly that I sound good. I have only logged a few hundred minutes thou so far.
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I've been told my Treo 650 sounds great on the other end. I use the Jabra BT250 all the time if that has anything to do with it.
    I have had no complaints so far. I usually have my volume at about 2-4 if that helps anyone.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i am not yet in possession of a 650, but I took a close look at one yesterday at a sprint store, and again today at another sprint store. Both times I left voice mail messages on my home phone machine to check the quality of the message.

The message today was the longest of the two, and while the reception seemed to be pretty good and my voice seemed to come through clearly, background noise is definitely being picked up by the mic. In fact, it may be a case of the microphone being too sensitive. There were two kids running around the store and making a bit of noise and they are coming through almost as loud as I am on the message. Not sure whether it'll be a problem yet, but I now understand what people are saying, at least where there is a lot of background noise.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    No complaints either whether it's speakerphone, BT headset or regular mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    when did u get your 650?...
    id love to hear from a power user who truly isn't having problems...
    I've only had mine since Monday (6 days), and the Sprint service was just activated yesterday. Upgrading from my trusty Visor Deluxe (my first and only PDA) hardly qualifies me as a power user. In fact, I basically abandoned the VDx about a year ago, so the 650 is like a fresh start for me. All I can say is that the 650 is awesome (I can hear all the Blue Whiners now http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...milies/eek.gif )... but look what my reference point is! Is it the best smartphone out there? Darned if I know, but so far it's done everything I need/want it to do.

I've had a few quirks that were (I believe) self-induced, but nothing major. It's only suffered one random reset (setting up VersaMail), and I've had no crashes (unless you want to count when it met the garage floor the other night) or lockups yet. Overall, I'm quite pleased thus far.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Works very well for me. I've had no complaints.
    No complaints. I've made it a priority to ask people how I sound the first time I talk to them on the 650.

Everyone I've talked to said they can't tell the difference between my 650 and calls from my house. I even did some calls using my BT headset with the same results.

Sound quality on either end is not an issue for me.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Overall, I think that my Treo 650 sounds as clear as my Treo 600 did, or better.

Using the Treo 650 like a standard phone, (i.e. built-in mic and speaker to ear), both I and the person I am talking to find the audio to be very good to excellent. I usually have the volume set to 5 out of 7 bars.

Using the Treo 650 with the palmOne Bluetooth Wireless Headset (basically a Jabra BT250), both I and the person I am talking to find the audio to be very good. The range is lacking though, audio becomes garbled and filled with static when the headset is about 10 feet away from the phone. I have read that the RF performance of this headset is weak, so I don't think I can fault the Treo 650 for this.

Using the Treo 650 speakerphone, I find the audio to be good at moderate volume and distorted at high volume. The person I am talking doesn't seem to notice any difference in disortion at different volume levels, however they are aware that I am talking on a speakerphone because of the slightly "hollow" sound.

IMHO, overall, the Treo 650 it is as clear as any other phone I have used on Sprint PCS (I have used the Treo 600, Nokia 3588i, Sanyo VM4500, and Toshiba VM4050).

Compared to the other phones I have tried, I would give it an 8 out of 10 (as a phone), mostly because the speakerphone disorts at high volume and is therefore not suitable for loud environments.

As always, these opinions are my own, and your mileage may vary.
    I'm wondering if it is certain combinations cause trouble -- do some problems get especially magnified, say when the other person is on a portable phone? A certain cell phone carrier? Something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    I'm wondering if it is certain combinations cause trouble -- do some problems get especially magnified, say when the other person is on a portable phone? A certain cell phone carrier? Something like that?

I have been wondering the same thing. I am on my second phone. Everyone says I am very clear except one friend who has Cingular as a carrier. He says it is very choppy and I do not come through clear. I can call from my home phone(Vonage) and then he says it is crystal clear.