Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Well its been a few days and I love my 650!

The screen is amazing. The camera very practical, most business is done indoors without sun light and the pictures are clear.

The sound quality is excellent (I use a headset from Plantronics)...a corded headset.

I use Versamail which works great. I get and send emails.

Docs to go is fun and works great.

It dims itself after 1 minute into the call.
    Yup now that I got a perfectly functioning unit, I love my 650 as well!!!!!
    Does everything the 600 should have done.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    is that really u mgauss?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    is that really u mgauss?

HAHA! That's exactly what I thought! Some one so positive and satisfied with their Treo couldn't possibly be Mgauss?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Yes it is mgauss...I got all I wanted. I was just asking for it! I love the hi res, people look at the screen and can't believe how good it looks!
    I've had my 650 for a week and I'm amazed by the goodness of the thing. I went from the 300 to the 650 - skipped the 600 - so I'm kid-in-a-candy-store happy with the display, the camera, the SD card slot, the MP3 capability, the Bluetooth, the ... you name it. It's all new and swell to me. I've had only one unintended reset, soft and non-looping, in a week. Memory limitations aren't a limitation for me because I don't have any humongo contacts (or other) database, and besides, I have a 1 Gb card in that nice slot (holding 500 Mb of MP3s).

Sorry to see that so many people are unhappy with their 650, for one reason or another, but I can't join the boo-bird chorus. To the contrary.

And no, I've no connection with palmOne, other than having owned a Palm Pilot 5000 (two, actually), a HS Visor Prism, a Treo 300 and now a Treo 650.
    I am new to the treo but have had all other wireless devices. I love this thing.
    It does more than I expected. I love my 650.
    Yes, although the 650 isn't perfect it's far better than the impression most people around here are leaving. There are certainly quality issues but that's life for a new product just being released. I exchanged mine today for another one only because it had one bright blue pixel stuck in the middle of the screen. I was very relucant to do it since it seemed fine otherwise. To my surprise the store readily just swapped it out and another new one which after an afternoon of testing seems fine so far.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I truly enjoy my Treo650. I've converted from my Tungsten C with WIFI. And to be frank, I don't miss Wifi that much. In fact, I ended up just using it for e-mails anyway. Surfing the web is somewhat limited by the screen size on the Tungsten C.

The only issue I have is the poor service from COMPUsa, but thats on another thread.

If P1 comes out with Treo650 drivers for the Wifi card, I'll truly wish I could live forever (that's the selfish geek DNA in me talking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    is that really u mgauss?

I kinda miss the old mgauss...

NOT!! Haha! I'm with you, mgauss. I totally love this bad boy. I can't stop staring at the screen and can't stop playing with it. All I need now is a 2GB Ultra II card and I should be set.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Well its been a few days and I love my 650!

The screen is amazing. The camera very practical, most business is done indoors without sun light and the pictures are clear.

The sound quality is excellent (I use a headset from Plantronics)...a corded headset.

I use Versamail which works great. I get and send emails.

Docs to go is fun and works great.

It dims itself after 1 minute into the call.

I am looking for a wired headset-- which Plantronics headset do you have? And are you still happy with the sound quality.
    I know, right?
    THE MGAUSS? He being the legendary flamer and torcher of the 600? So much that I so wanted to tell him to please cop a ppc device and leave us be! But we actually owe him some thanx. For without his gripes about lack of bluetooth &Wifi, Palm1 may have continued to drag feet on the next gen. of Treos. Thus I would say that if Mgauss is happy with a Palm product, then I am hopeful of a bright future for civilization.
    Thanx for gripin' and hangin' in there. (now if I can only get mine to arrive)
    The treo 650 is for the real techs out there. It may have a few small issues but we could work around it. People like shadomite make having the treo exciting. Palm and sprint dont wants us to do something, we will do it just to show it off. Sound problems = Underground sound updates. Verizon is not out yet = make the Sprint phone verizon. My treo is HOTNESS!
    I have a lot to say but I dont want to get banned...AGAIN!!