Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    How did you get the internet play to work? Could you both create games and join exsiting games...details... Please.

-CK
    I joined someone elses game, but I went into Play Mulitplayer, Network, and it tries to search for a game. I went to specify and entered his ip address. Then it searched and found his game. If you want to host a game, click Host, configure you options (game speed, etc), create game. Then your ip address will show up. Give your ip address to your friend and after he uses the above steps, he will see your game and join.

If you would like to test it out today, let me know a time or (lets try around 9pm est). Just let me know, post in this forum or pm me. I will host a game then. I will place my ip address tonight around that time.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    What's the consensus on the best Tetris game?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    What's the consensus on the best Tetris game?
    I'll cast my vote for the original Tetris on NesEm.
    GuineaPig works great on the 650 for Sega Genesis emulation. About half the carts I tried work perfectly at full speed. I've got Sonic 1 & 2, Ecco, Prince of Persia, and a few others working. No sound (or should I say with sound it is slow, slow, slow), very primitave (it is very beta), you can't remap the keys, but who cares -- it's free and works today!

http://www.codejedi.com/guineapig/

-Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    I'll cast my vote for the original Tetris on NesEm.
    tsk tsk, that is certainly not the original tetris
    Speaking of Codejedi, I wil not be purchasing any software from them (him) again. I purchased Xcade back when it first came out a good while ago under the pretense that it would be updated regularly to add compatibility with more roms, more features, sound, etc. What I got was a very limited emulator with barely any significant updates since then. It still pales in comparison to the free emulators available on the PocketPC.

In any case, I think that PalmOne's unnecessary redesign of the D-pad made it uncomfortable to use, especially for gaming - the T600's Dpad is much nicer and more comfortable, especially when holding the down direction. I will stick to traditional puzzle games (Xrow, 1000 Miles, TextTwist, Solitaire, Piloth, Bejeweled) and my favorite Palm game, Monsta. Just wish they made a high res version with sound.

So my opinion on serious 650 gaming.... I'll stick with that little square of gaming perfection that is my beloved GBA SP.
    Maybe disabling Sprint's proxy like in this thread will help?

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ad.php?t=67403
    My new opinion on gaming on the 650 is simple:

MicroQuad
    NesEm
    Firestorm
    GuineaPig and LJP will complete the package sometime in 2005 (I hope )
    (and some puzzle games for the wife )

and if Firestorm can EVER play Mario Kart Advance, MicroQuad might be off that list too.

IMHO with emulators as good as those mentioned above, PDA gaming is ALL about emulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megibow
    GuineaPig works great on the 650 for Sega Genesis emulation. About half the carts I tried work perfectly at full speed. I've got Sonic 1 & 2, Ecco, Prince of Persia, and a few others working. No sound (or should I say with sound it is slow, slow, slow), very primitave (it is very beta), you can't remap the keys, but who cares -- it's free and works today!

http://www.codejedi.com/guineapig/

-Joe
    GuineaPig is amazing, but virtually useless on the treo650 as the dpad is mapped wrong. I really hope someone can fix this issue cause the genesis emulates amazingly well on the 650.

btw, does anyone fing it difficult playing games on the 650 being that the right hand buttons (message and drop down menu bttons) are so close to the dpad? My fingers are always hitting eachother, but i'm starting to get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    GuineaPig is amazing, but virtually useless on the treo650 as the dpad is mapped wrong. I really hope someone can fix this issue cause the genesis emulates amazingly well on the 650.
    Hope? Let's let Skeezix know about it. He appears to be very good with incorporating user comments.

http://shadow.skeleton.org/cgi-bin/m...num=1104176645
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    Arvale is here. (I actually thought it was Arbale due to the font.) Flux Challenge still looks more interesting to me. I like RPGs, but I'd rather have pick up and go games for my Palm.
    I downloaded it..just crashes..can't run it...
    that's a really fun and cool RPG. u can download the demo @ www.pdamill.com
    So we've dissected the 650 on virtually every other topic...
    Oh no. Something I might know about. I've always had a Treo for Business, but the gamer in me still clogs my ram...

Hellfire: Apache vs. Hind

Great potential for the graphics and speed available. Gameplay seems rather simple, however. Good showoff value.

Warfare Incorporated

As a Red Alert Groupie, this was the ultimate game. A treo with just this on it is worth $600. (Well maybe not... but maybe...) Haven't tried MP, but if it's possible then... OMG....

NES

I was never a real NES fan so I don't really know what I'm missing. Everything I try to run that isn't atari 2600- simple seems to crash. (Maybe the new memory hack?)

PalmApple

I had an Apple ][ in 1979. On my 650 I have seen virtual disk drives boot up the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstein games. *sigh* A desert island and a Treo...

However:

Gameplay: A large number of games that involve more than simple controls seems to be rather clumsy. The distance between keys make it easy to hit the wrong ones. Most older games use hard keys which are completely different and inconvieniently unchangeable. The Phone Off key on the 650 cripples most useful setups for games. Big issue. Also, the home buttons placement and size causes me to exit out of games easily, and sometimes that means starting over from scratch.

Is the screen good or too small?

Its ok.

Are the controls good or too cramped?

Yes!

Does it kill your battery life unreasonably?

So far no problems.

What specifically have you played?

Everything once. The best things I've seen or play:

Aggression
    Bowling
    Ataxx
    Crazy 8's
    Done in 60 seconds
    Dopewars
    Escape
    microchess
    monopoly
    nukewar
    rally1000
    revenge
    sfcave
    space combat
    taipan
    tradewinds
    yahdice

interesting:

phoenix rising
    madden 2005
    interstellar flames

What I'd like to see:

Multiplayer ANYTHING. With anyone. Anytime. Help. We need to start a website for ip sharing to play some of these things, or have Bluetooth Parties... *you know you're a geek when...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    oh no! arvale had me truly excited, i have a penchant for old-school RPG's... i hope they patch it up soon to work on the 650! is it crashing for everyone, or maybe only when coupled w/ certain other apps..
    Got it to run. But after 15 mins it froze so badly I had to take the battery out... Hm..too bad...looked kinda fun
    Got it to run. But after 15 mins it froze so badly I had to take the battery out... Hm..too bad...looked kinda fun
    i have posted a query over at the pdamill fora regarding Arvale on the 650, hopefully they will get it working on the 650 platform soon! i just love these kind of RPG's, i haven't actually been excited about a Palm-based game ever before to be honest..!

http://twash.com/iku/sweatin.gif http://twash.com/iku/sweatin.gif http://twash.com/iku/sweatin.gif
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    loved playing Zap! and everything else playable on NesEM when i had my Sony CLIE NX73. Absolutely loved the gamepad accesory for the CLIEs. I'm anxious to see how well games and NesEM will run on the Treo. Hopefully, the gaming experience won't suck. Also, i hope to fiind a decent Telnet client to play Multi User Dungeon games on the Treo too, which will be totally awesome if it was possible.

Tiffany, that is such a cute picture of yourself you have there. kawaii! if you're japanese, ho liang if you're cantonese, or hun piao liang if you speak mandarin. lol, sorry my romanji/pinyin is bad!
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    get a psp (my avatar)
  19. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I get a soft reset every time I try to launch it.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Games I think are good:

Bike or Die (very cool, IMHO)

I've got the NesEm and it runs great.

Gizmo (Sega Game Gear / Master system emulator)

Dream Engine - Runs many of the TurboGraphix 16 / PC Engine games (except my favorite, Devil's Crush!!)

Gagarin's Mission

Sim City

Seven Seas

Warfare Incorporated

Aven-Nex

Space Combat

----
    I didn't like GTS Racing... the control annoyed me, but it really looks good.

I wish they would make more games of the quality of Warfare Incorporated. I'm jealous of my PPC friend who has available lots of old style adventure games among other things.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast