1.    #1  
    Here are some questions for the Treo 650 guru's who know the ropes and could answer some questions for us folks. (Although I've done the "search" here on the Forum, I still need help with):

1. How do I get my Kinona video and MP3 music Files over from my old SD card to work on my new SD card with the 650?

2. How do I get Butler to work with launching my Quick Key favorites in other programs?

3. If you are using Switch5, what settings are you using in order to activate the Memo key to bring up my programs?

Thanks!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Here are some questions for the Treo 650 guru's who know the ropes and could answer some questions for us folks. (Although I've done the "search" here on the Forum, I still need help with):

1. How do I get my Kinona video and MP3 music Files over from my old SD card to work on my new SD card with the 650?

2. How do I get Butler to work with launching my Quick Key favorites in other programs?

3. If you are using Switch5, what settings are you using in order to activate the Memo key to bring up my programs?

Thanks!

1. Use a card reader to copy your old sd card into a folder on your desktop. Copy need files (mp3's, kinoma vids, etc.) into appropriate folder on new sd card using reader.

2. Quick launch is working for me. Press and Hold ("L" for Lee on mine for example). There is a VERY long delay however. The first time I thought it wasn't working. Let it set for5 seconds or so after it switches to the phone app. Also, make sure you have the most current Butler available at hobbyistsoftware.com

3. No clue...sorry

Hope that helps!!

Phil
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Phil,

I tried the Butler thing first and I was using an old version. Thought I had downloaded the new one but I hadn't. Noticed the difference immediately with the new icon. Now it's working!

Now on to the card reader fix!

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom

Thanks!
    3. I don't think the Treo 650 has a Memo key.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Tamura, I meant Calendar key. I deleted the Switch5 file on my unit, reinstalled and fiddled around with it until I was finally able to set it up.

What I ended up doing with my music files was just resyncing them to the Palm desktop, had to reinstall Ptunes and my MP3 files to my SD card, for some reason the one I copied over from my SD card would not work properly.

Today I'm setting up my BT headset! Thanks again Jason for your help! (My unit came from Ebay without instructions). Man it would be nice if things worked out of the box. But neither did the 600.

Hi. Which button did you assign to Switch5? It seems to "take over" whatever button I assign rather than just flashing the apps. Please advise. Thanks.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
  7.    #7  
    Julie, I used the datebook key (next to the green one).

In Switch5, under Options, Activation in the first selection, I have all buttons selected except for the last one. (1 is selected)

Under second section all boxes are checked. (2 is selected.)

From that program select Favorites, choose your 5 fav apps. Close then Launch your datebook key.

I think that I needed to do a soft reset when the app did not work and that did it.

Hope this helps. Switch5 is one of my "must have" apps!