1.    #1  
    I have a theory that PalmOne's management pushed the Treo 650 out the door before it was ready. I am wondering if there was internal dissent about this? The Treo 650 has a large number of obvious defects that were either known about or were simply sloppy R&D work. I will list the issues leading me to think that they pushed it out the door despite these glowingly obvious problems.

1. The reduced effective memory size error. It wouldn't take much testing to detect this problem.
    2. The sync problem with MS Outlook. I am guessing that MANY people are having this problem.
    3. Elimination of the "datebook journal" function. (Probably done on purpose, but why?)
    4. Elimination of the "default event length" preference setting. (Probably done on purpose but again why?)
    5. The measly but improved VGA camera. (Oh they just couldn't find a module that worked well enough. I suppose this could be true but it sounds like a weak excuse. )
    6. Elimination of the "template" function built into the Treo600. (Probably done on purpose but again why?)
    7. Constant rebooting problem in certain instances.

I really liked the Treo600 and I'm considering going back to it! Geez it worked. I hope PalmOne realizes who is paying their paychecks and at $600 I expect this to be an improvement and not a reduction in performance like it is today. One less than satisfied customer....

They seem to have taken the "short term" approach on this phone. What they don't understand is that by screwing their customers to get this out before Christmas people will be turned off by all this. The pro-active approach would have been to wait work out the bugs and for god-sake don't take features OUT of a product that people (in theory) like like I have mentioned above. What's the logic there? Sounds like poor management decision making.
    Quote Originally Posted by funguy99504
    I have a theory that PalmOne's management pushed the Treo 650 out the door before it was ready. I am wondering if there was internal dissent about this? The Treo 650 has a large number of obvious defects that were either known about or were simply sloppy R&D work. I will list the issues leading me to think that they pushed it out the door despite these glowingly obvious problems.

1. The reduced effective memory size error. It wouldn't take much testing to detect this problem.
    2. The sync problem with MS Outlook. I am guessing that MANY people are having this problem.
    3. Elimination of the "datebook journal" function. (Probably done on purpose, but why?)
    4. Elimination of the "default event length" preference setting. (Probably done on purpose but again why?)
    5. The measly but improved VGA camera. (Oh they just couldn't find a module that worked well enough. I suppose this could be true but it sounds like a weak excuse. )
    6. Elimination of the "template" function built into the Treo600. (Probably done on purpose but again why?)
    7. Constant rebooting problem in certain instances.

I really liked the Treo600 and I'm considering going back to it! Geez it worked. I hope PalmOne realizes who is paying their paychecks and at $600 I expect this to be an improvement and not a reduction in performance like it is today. One less than satisfied customer....

They seem to have taken the "short term" approach on this phone. What they don't understand is that by screwing their customers to get this out before Christmas people will be turned off by all this. The pro-active approach would have been to wait work out the bugs and for god-sake don't take features OUT of a product that people (in theory) like like I have mentioned above. What's the logic there? Sounds like poor management decision making.

I couldn't agree with you more. This thing is REALLY starting to **** me off.
    If they'd actually rushed it to market to beat the Christmas rush,the GSM version would be available.
    Seems to me Sprint is probably the one getting really $crewed here..first they insist on exclusive rights to sell this until the end of the year and they probably are the ones who insisted it be out in time for the holiday buying season...I think Sprint was the pressure that 'rushed' it to market.

I hope you are right...that the GSM version will have all the bugs fixed. Based on what is going on now tho, I sure won't be an 'early adopter' of the GSM version...I'm not going to be a beta tester for palmOne with my hard earned money...if they'd like to GIVE me one however, I'd be glad to give my honest feedback.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile