Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well palmOne did a fine job on this one.
    now i dont even have to unscrew a tip or remove the battery plate.
    whenever my treo locks up.. which is usually a few times a day, i can now just give it a good shake and it soft resets.

i guess this rules out any software issues.
    whats the fast track way to get a replacement at this point with supply as it is.
    On day one, I was able to get one next day aired right to me from PalmOne. Not sure what the situation would be these days. But if they did it for my dead pixel, yours should be a no brainer.
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Heh - you got the very special Treo 650 Etch-a-Sketch model.
    Man it took me about a week to get my replacement. You were lucky
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Sounds like the battery might be sitting loose...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Heh - you got the very special Treo 650 Etch-a-Sketch model.
    LMAO! Alli this was one of your better ones. Loved it!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    its funny u say etch a sketch cuz whatever graphic was on the screen when i shaked it kinda dissolved out just like an etch a sketch.

its funny too cuz now my treo is resetting like every 20 minuites.
    i hear a small sound that sounds like a electric discharge almost a little static pop and then i can see the green light has stopped flashing.

if i poke it or pick it up, it then resets!

can someone tell me the best and quickest way to get it replaced given current stock issues. since i got it less than a month ago, shouldnt i be able to go in and trade it for a new one at a store?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Call Sprint or call the local store. If the store has it that is your fastest way.

And let this be a lesson. Don't shake your Treo like a rag doll.

And if your Treo is locking up a few times a day perhaps you need to go back and reread how to upgrade from a 600 to a 650 then see what happens. Perhaps it will get fixed.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i hear a small sound that sounds like a electric discharge almost a little static pop and then i can see the green light has stopped flashing.

That certainly sounds like a loose battery. Make sure the battery is firmly seated in the compartment. You can also try finding a small piece of foam to put between the battery and cover to make the fit more snug.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    its funny too cuz now my treo is resetting like every 20 minuites.

have you tried taking the battery out, and shaking the battery to see if it makes any noises, or rattles? it could be some sort of delamination in the battery, rather than something in the phone itself. also, double check the row of contact pins inside the back of the battery - there should be six, nice neat row.

correction: i meant, check the row of contact pins inside the back of the phone.
    Last edited by anastrophe; 12/05/2004 at 01:29 PM.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    im not shakin my treo like an english nanny of anything. i am talking about a light shake or even picking it up off the desk. the battery and the way it is in there seems to be fine. no rattles and the contacts are clean and aligned...

this doesnt explain why when during any reset i can press any of my keys on my keyboard and it resets the phone again.
    My original Treo 600 (over a year ago) had a similar problem. If you touched it (squeezed ever so lightly) the right way it reset. Clearly there was a hardware short inside. Call Sprint and get a replacement, you clearly have a bad one.

im not shakin my treo like an english nanny of anything. i am talking about a light shake or even picking it up off the desk. the battery and the way it is in there seems to be fine. no rattles and the contacts are clean and aligned...

this doesnt explain why when during any reset i can press any of my keys on my keyboard and it resets the phone again.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Shaken Treo Syndrome....
    My first replacement 600 exhibited something almost like this. Shake it and the radio turned off. Never could get it to turn ON automatically though.