Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Anyone out there able to put together something quick and dirty for automatically toggling the mute button on then off in a split second when a call is connected using a blutooth headset? SInce it seems this fixes the volume issue when using a BT headset, it sure would be nice if it could be done automatically when a call is placed or received.

    Anyone want to try to make this work? I'd pay $10 for something like this and I bet most BT users would too. Save some hassle when using the headset.

    Please?
  2. #2  
    Bump
  3. #3  
    I think you should post it in the developers corner, with a link to this thread...
  4.    #4  
    or maybe one of moderators will move it for me.
  5.    #5  
    Any developers want to tackle this one?
  6.    #6  
    shameless bump

    Does no one want to do this? or is it impossible. I have to believe that most everyone that uses a bt headset would be interested in this.
  7. #7  
    bump
  8. #8  
    Unfortunately that type of fix would be a little useless. The problem goes beyond the Mute button. I have noticed that after toggling the mute, if anything happens at all (ie, pushing a keybord button, or another call comes in) then the volume goes back to the lower level and toggling mute then has no affect for that call. I think the problem needs to be addressed at the software level.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Unfortunately that type of fix would be a little useless. The problem goes beyond the Mute button. I have noticed that after toggling the mute, if anything happens at all (ie, pushing a keybord button, or another call comes in) then the volume goes back to the lower level and toggling mute then has no affect for that call. I think the problem needs to be addressed at the software level.
    yes I have noticed that behaviour. However that doesnt prevent some enterprising developer from figuring out the whole deal and creating a hack/patch to correct it.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    yes I have noticed that behaviour. However that doesnt prevent some enterprising developer from figuring out the whole deal and creating a hack/patch to correct it.

    Absolutely!! I just wanted that to be known. I think instead of a hack that simulates the "mute toggle" time would be better spent finding out why it increases the volume in the first place and then correcting or exploiting that issue. Its my believe that the "mute toggle" doesn't increase the volume. I think the volume is for what ever reason supressed and the mute seems to release it. If that is the case then I think something in the "phone" app conflicts with the "bluetooth" software. That would explain why the volume is suppressed again when another call comes through, or if you hit a keypad button causing the phone app to "function".

    Anyway I would pay $50 for a patch that fixed the issue at the core of the problem.
  11. #11  
    You'll have a hard time getting a reply in this thread, not many people visit the bluetooth forum. Try posting it in hardware.
  12. #12  
    ^
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    You'll have a hard time getting a reply in this thread, not many people visit the bluetooth forum. Try posting it in hardware.
    Hoping more people use the New Posts link rather than scan each specific forum.

    Anyone??
  14. #14  
    ^
  15. #15  
    bump
  16. #16  
    I am taking a look at this. I am convinced that the fact that the volume isn't boosted all the time is a bug. You also do get a volume boost if you answer another call (that comes through call waiting).

    Now I haven't programmed for PalmOS for years, so I'm getting back into it on top of doing a real job. Did some research on the HS libraries that are used here and I have found what I think are the necessary calls. Might start by creating a seperate app to run to boost the volume while on a call. If that works, I'll work on doing it automatically.

    Stay tuned.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I am taking a look at this. I am convinced that the fact that the volume isn't boosted all the time is a bug. You also do get a volume boost if you answer another call (that comes through call waiting).

    Now I haven't programmed for PalmOS for years, so I'm getting back into it on top of doing a real job. Did some research on the HS libraries that are used here and I have found what I think are the necessary calls. Might start by creating a seperate app to run to boost the volume while on a call. If that works, I'll work on doing it automatically.

    Stay tuned.
    FANTASTIC!!
  18. #18  
    This is encouraging. I think the low volume while using BT headsets is rapidly becoming more frustrating than the dial delay issue. I have tried 3 different headsets (Jabra 250, Moto HS850, and SE HBH 330) and found low volume on all three. The "mute trick" does not seem to work for me at all.

    I like the functionality of HS850 the best, but am close on returning it due to the damn low volume.

    I cannot believe that it is normal behavior for BT headsets -- is anyone using BT with a phone different than the 650? If so, is volume an issue?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    This is encouraging. I think the low volume while using BT headsets is rapidly becoming more frustrating than the dial delay issue. I have tried 3 different headsets (Jabra 250, Moto HS850, and SE HBH 330) and found low volume on all three. The "mute trick" does not seem to work for me at all.

    I like the functionality of HS850 the best, but am close on returning it due to the damn low volume.

    I cannot believe that it is normal behavior for BT headsets -- is anyone using BT with a phone different than the 650? If so, is volume an issue?
    I've tried the HS 820 and a Jabra 200 on a friend's Moto V600. No issues with volume there at all. Of course, the 820 works wonders with the V600 since both support BT 2.0. We could only wish that someday we'd have the same level of functionality from a headset on the Treo.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I am taking a look at this. I am convinced that the fact that the volume isn't boosted all the time is a bug. You also do get a volume boost if you answer another call (that comes through call waiting).

    Now I haven't programmed for PalmOS for years, so I'm getting back into it on top of doing a real job. Did some research on the HS libraries that are used here and I have found what I think are the necessary calls. Might start by creating a seperate app to run to boost the volume while on a call. If that works, I'll work on doing it automatically.

    Stay tuned.
    Please do keep us informed and thanks for taking this on.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions