Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47
  1.    #21  
    YAHOOOO!!! Finalkly someone steps up. Way to go Silverado!!! Please keep us updated as to your progress.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by thr61
    This is encouraging. I think the low volume while using BT headsets is rapidly becoming more frustrating than the dial delay issue. I have tried 3 different headsets (Jabra 250, Moto HS850, and SE HBH 330) and found low volume on all three. The "mute trick" does not seem to work for me at all.

    I like the functionality of HS850 the best, but am close on returning it due to the damn low volume.

    I cannot believe that it is normal behavior for BT headsets -- is anyone using BT with a phone different than the 650? If so, is volume an issue?
    Same here with the HS850. Great headset but just barely acceptable on the volume department. My car is pretty quiet inside, so it's not too bad there. But, overall would be nice to crank it up a few notches.

    Looking forward to any mods from Silverado who has already offered up many other great fixes and tricks for the 650!
  3. #23  
    one other bug; when you hit mute the volume gets louder BUT as soon as you hit ANY keypads (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 * #) it goes back down & mute will not bring it back up. It also appears that after you hit any of these buttons, the voice quality goes way down (pther end says I'm too muffled) too. So hitting mute brings volume up but hitting above buttons brings volume down & turns the voice quality wayyyyy down as well. Can you fix all of these?!
    Last edited by treoneo; 12/09/2004 at 07:03 PM.
  4. #24  
    A quick update. I'm now knee-deep into PalmOS programming again! Been trying to manipulate the appropriate ports to increase the volume. The bad news is that the boost that we get from the mute/unmute trick does not change the state of the bluetooth sound ports at all. I'm starting to think that this is somehow changing the gain on the incoming sound source from the radio, which would be harder to control. However, I'm not giving up yet. I'm trying to find other ways to affect the volume.

    Another strange thing is that the Moto 850 and 820 are pairing in headset mode, not in handsfree mode! That would explain why functions other than answer/hangup are flaky at best.

    Stay tuned.
  5. #25  
    thanks for looking into this.

    the strange thing is, my 820 is def pairing in handsfree mode. I have all the extra features, except incoming ring which I did get on the 810 in headset mode
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    A quick update. I'm now knee-deep into PalmOS programming again! Been trying to manipulate the appropriate ports to increase the volume.
    Silverado, can you also work out a patch that will let the bluetooth headset handle sounds coming through the speaker? That way I could listen to audible and other speech mp3s with my headset. I'd be willing to donate $20 to the cause.

    -Gadgetpro
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    thanks for looking into this.

    the strange thing is, my 820 is def pairing in handsfree mode. I have all the extra features, except incoming ring which I did get on the 810 in headset mode
    Mine does last number redial. What other features does yours do?

    My comment was about the port used for those headsets; the Treo uses the headset virtual port to talk to them instead of the handsfree one.
  8.    #28  
    Glad to see your doing this Silverado. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the day when the mute/unmute is no more.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    Silverado, can you also work out a patch that will let the bluetooth headset handle sounds coming through the speaker? That way I could listen to audible and other speech mp3s with my headset. I'd be willing to donate $20 to the cause.

    -Gadgetpro
    I will look into this. This stuff is too interesting and I'm in danger of it encroaching on my real job!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    A quick update. I'm now knee-deep into PalmOS programming again! Been trying to manipulate the appropriate ports to increase the volume. The bad news is that the boost that we get from the mute/unmute trick does not change the state of the bluetooth sound ports at all.
    While I don't know anything about programing....
    from a logical point of view, this would seem to verify what I stated in another post. I believe the volume is already ample and that the "phone" app is somehow suppressing it. I believe when you hit the mute button, it doesn't "raise" the volume, it only releases the "suppression". I think that is why when anything else happens to "activate" the phone app (ie. call waiting, pushing the keypad, etc...) that the volume gets suppressed again.


    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I'm starting to think that this is somehow changing the gain on the incoming sound source from the radio, which would be harder to control. However, I'm not giving up yet. I'm trying to find other ways to affect the volume.
    Does this have to do with my theory above?

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Another strange thing is that the Moto 850 and 820 are pairing in headset mode, not in handsfree mode! That would explain why functions other than answer/hangup are flaky at best.

    Stay tuned.
    My 820 will answer/end, cut thru automaticall on outgoing calls, and it cuts thru on incoming calls regardless if I answer from phone or headset, and last # redial.
  11. #31  
    Writing an app to toggle the keyboard lights was a lot easier

    Get it here.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Writing an app to toggle the keyboard lights was a lot easier

    Get it here.

    Thanks a million! Does it look like the headset thing could take a while? I am considering picking up an A210 to get me by while I wait (silly huh? adding bluetooth to my bluetooth enabled phone ). I cant take the volume anymore.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Thanks a million! Does it look like the headset thing could take a while? I am considering picking up an A210 to get me by while I wait (silly huh? adding bluetooth to my bluetooth enabled phone ). I cant take the volume anymore.
    Not really sure. I think it will try for a week or two before I would give up on it.
  14. #34  
    Hey Silver,

    I have some programming experience and may get so frustrated with the no mp3 on bluetooth issue that I may take a stab at it.

    Just curious, what development environment do you use? I know there is codewarrior and then a free one at palmsource.

    Thx.
    -gadgetpro
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro
    Silverado, can you also work out a patch that will let the bluetooth headset handle sounds coming through the speaker? That way I could listen to audible and other speech mp3s with my headset. I'd be willing to donate $20 to the cause.

    -Gadgetpro
    I will take a look at this. Would it be adequate with it being mono?

    I started using the IDE from PalmSource on Thursday. I used to use CodeWarrior a few years ago, but I don't have a recent version.
  16. #36  
    Silver,

    Just FYI in case it helps pinpoint the prob.

    While on a call if I press a keypad button first it does not increase the volume, it also makes it so the Mute/Unmute will not increase it either.

    I still think the "phone" app has a bug that suppresses volume.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Silver,

    Just FYI in case it helps pinpoint the prob.

    While on a call if I press a keypad button first it does not increase the volume, it also makes it so the Mute/Unmute will not increase it either.

    I still think the "phone" app has a bug that suppresses volume.
    Thanks -- this is helpful. Please keep any such tidbits coming; they are definitely useful.
  18. OJM
    OJM is offline
    OJM's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    #38  
    Silverado,

    Anything new to report??? We are desperate!
    OJMBrooklyn

    SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    Silverado,

    Anything new to report??? We are desperate!
    Sorry, not yet. I've been extremely busy elsewhere, although I have a new idea I'm going to try this weekend.

    PS. If you're interested in KB LightsOff, I'll be posting a new version tonight.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Sorry, not yet. I've been extremely busy elsewhere, although I have a new idea I'm going to try this weekend.

    PS. If you're interested in KB LightsOff, I'll be posting a new version tonight.
    cool!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions