1.    #1  
    I previously had a Treo 600 and I used a great program, Treo Helper, to essentially push mail to my device by having my e-mail server forward to me via SMS a trigger that TreoHelper would recognize and cause my Snapper Mail program to run and check mail. Does anyone know of a similar program that is compatible with the 650 and Versamail that I could use to accomplish the same thing? Any other ideas?
    Hi,

TreoHelper has been updated for the 650. The only difficult thing is that the 650 doesn't give an alarm when a manual 'fetch' is made by a TreoHelper trigger. As a result, I set TH to not delete the incoming SMS, and set the forwarding address to "mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com" rather than "myaccount@sprintpcs.com".

In this way, I get an alarm for an incoming SMS, I can look at the message to see who it's from, and VersaMail fetches the message.

Hope that helps!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    Hi,

TreoHelper has been updated for the 650. The only difficult thing is that the 650 doesn't give an alarm when a manual 'fetch' is made by a TreoHelper trigger. As a result, I set TH to not delete the incoming SMS, and set the forwarding address to "mynumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com" rather than "myaccount@sprintpcs.com".

In this way, I get an alarm for an incoming SMS, I can look at the message to see who it's from, and VersaMail fetches the message.

Hope that helps!
    Yes your info helps. Thanks a lot!! I'll look for the update
  4.    #4  
    I tried using the latest version of Treo Helper, and the SMS triggers don't seem to work on my 650
    you have to get the one for treo 650. the one you have may not be the latest...
  6.    #6  
    I do have the latest as far as I know. Version 0.69. The developer's website specifically states that it's compatible with the 650, but the SMS triggering is not working. I e-mailed the developer. if there's any response that enables me to solve this disappointing mystery, I'll post it. in the interim, I welcome any ideas that anyone cares to share.
    Why not use Chatter if you need PUSH?

Would Snapper in IMAP mode work well enough?
  8.    #8  
    I appreciate all of the feedback. 1. I have never heard of Chatter but I'll look into it, 2. I don't know how to use IMAP but I'd apreciate your telling me where I can find info about configuring that, but 3. the Treohelper developer was kind enough to fix the bug and send me an update over the weekend that works. What a great developer!
    I'm using the latest version of treohelper and snappermail. I send an sms to my phone to trigger a fetch and it works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Where can i get TREO HELPER?

it sounds really cool.

Thanks