1.    #1  
    Here is my outline 650 review and I invite you to add your review of the 650 here if you like.

I'm still on the learning curve and I will likely adjust my review as I become more proficient and/or figure some things out, etc.

Since the 650 seems to be a potupurri of different things, I thought I would review it in the following catagories:

Things I really like about the 650:
    1. Video Mail
    2. Internet screens are incredible
    3. Slide show feature in Pictures
    4. Great resolution for better pictures
    5. Memo voice in Picturemail
    6. Prompt to add new contacts in Phone book
    7. Cool new keyboard lights
    8. Position of the Home key
    9. The alarms seem to be louder than on the 600
    10.The pictures are just incredible compared side by side to the Treo 600!
    11.IM when an email is not delivered! Nice touch.
    12.My first impression when I began to use the 650 was that it felt "Smart-er" to me, better interface and more intricately thought out compared to the 600.
    13. I have not experienced the "memory" issue but I was cautious in installing Powerrun first.

Things I've yet to try:
    1. Bluetooth with my new headset
    2. VoiceDial
    3. Realplayer

Things I don't like or can't get to work yet:
    1. The Email was easy to first set up until I realized I needed another setting to attach E-mails and Video's on Sprint service, one account to Send and then another to Receive. Now this setup does not seem to work at the moment.
    2. I don't care for the Camera going to the IM program after sending a Pictureshare.
    *3. The AC charge plug outlet to the unit end. Just seems a little less durable than I would like. Will definately be getting the charger. (12-5)

Oddities:
    1. I noticed that the Zoom did not seem to be working earlier, now I know it was not working when it kicked in this afternoon. Yay!!

In summary, I LOVE MY Treo 650! It is definately a step up to me! Being an early adapter has its advantages and disavantages. I'll roll with the quirks until a solution or patch is found in needed catagories.

P.S. This is simply my view of my phone, as units can and do sometime behave differently as do their users.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/09/2004 at 07:01 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    How's it sound to people you call? That's the one issue that's causing me some concern while I wait for my order. I don't know how widespread the voice quality issues are.
  3.    #3  
    My husband and others say they hear me fine! I specifically tested the sound quality in the parking lot before I left Sprint. Well after I waited for provisioning.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Very nice review. I can't wait to hear about a GSM one. I was never big on picture messaging till my wife got a camera phone. Now the upgraded camera is a very cool bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Very nice review. I can't wait to hear about a GSM one. I was never big on picture messaging till my wife got a camera phone. Now the upgraded camera is a very cool bonus
    Agreed. When I was on Nextel I always blew off SMS and picturemail as a big joke. Now that I'm on Sprint with the 650 It's really come in handy for work and play. Example, now if I client of mine can't see a new listing right away, I can go to it, talk with the them through a BT headset describing the house to them while taking pictures, and then share the pictures and/or video with them instantly. Very cool and very efficient.

I truly call the 650 a swiss army knife of communication and productivity. Now as soon as I can use it as a lockbox key i'll truly have an all-in-one device.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    Cool...... So I guess they're widely available in Sprint B&M stores now? Gotta go play with one this wknd. Do they have the PPC in store for comparison?
    Hey Geekymom?
    I missed u at the dc roadshow. Or did I? Were u sitting on the right side with some folk? Also, I noticed u didn't use the coupon and went to the Sprint store and bought one. Couldn't wait eh??
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Hey Geekymom?
    I missed u at the dc roadshow. Or did I? Were u sitting on the right side with some folk? Also, I noticed u didn't use the coupon and went to the Sprint store and bought one. Couldn't wait eh??
    Lol, and after all of that I went into a Sprint store and got a unit. Well I had a little incentive, I got a $150.00 in store instant credit against the cost. Yes, I was aiming for the swap out but that was not happening and I thought the discount evened things out with the then indeterminant wait. (Btw, I'm glad I did it)

P.S. Yes I was sitting on the right side of the Show, isle seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom
    Lol, and after all of that I went into a Sprint store and got a unit. Well I had a little incentive, I got a $150.00 in store instant credit against the cost. Yes, I was aiming for the swap out but that was not happening and I thought the discount evened things out with the then indeterminant wait. (Btw, I'm glad I did it)

P.S. Yes I was sitting on the right side of the Show, isle seat.
    Cool. Thought so. I opted for the demo version and from what I hear we are low priority as opposed to those that purchased one through VC. Oh well, for now i'll vicariously live through this boards' collective episodes 'til mine arrives. (btw, I was the only one there with tim boots and relaxed fit denims. The face of geekery is indeed changing.)
    geekymom

like hearing from longtime treo users.

I got mine yesterday and am blown away . . . I agree its just smarter. I've yet to learn all the features . . . but its built in alarm woke me up this morning. I am amazed at the screen resolution, no voice problems, keyboard is much easier to type on!
  11.    #11  
    Review Continued:

Voicedial
    : I set it up, but for some reason I rather just use the Quickkey from the phone's favorites. It's easier and it's free. And after purchasing the phone and the accessories (i.e. BT headset, 1 gb card, car charger and case) free looks good.

BT Headset: I have the Moto 810 and while I really like it and it's pretty cool not being glued to the 650, I guess I'm just old school cuz just like all of the other headsets before it, I just use the speaker. Maybe I will give it a whirl again today.

Internet: Another neat feature when on the Web, you can opt to clear cache when exiting the Internet.

Text find: don't remember the 600 having this feature but on the 650 you can do a Text find search on an internet page.

Address Bar: again don't remember if the 600 had this feature, but you can opt for the 650 to show the internet Address bar at the top of the screen.

Side-by-side Comparisons: Since I still have the 600 if you need a comparison of a feature of the 600 to the 650 let me know. I can check everything but the browser since I don't have service now on the 600.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/09/2004 at 08:39 AM.

Review Continued:
    Internet: Another neat feature when on the Web, you can opt to clear cache when exiting the Internet.
    yet another reason to upgrade.

btw, there was no option to put the bar at the top in the 600. when i saw this at the road show, it was freaky (i guess that is where ppl expect it to be). like that it is an option though.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13.    #13  
    Tight Slot: No need for "CardKeeper" alert app! This card isn't going anyway. As a matter of fact you have to pry it out of the slot. (No push and pop out) It also loads front side in unlike the backside in load with the 600.

Calendar View

Just discovered from the Phone Dial screen you can opt to list your calendar schedule! It only lists the first unmet alarm above the dial pad. When you click on it it takes you to your calendar program and schedule. (Cool if you're like me and don't always see or hear my alerts)
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 12/09/2004 at 08:50 AM.

Here is my outline 650 review and I invite you to add your review of the 650 here if you like.

Madam, you have provided excellent insight into your daily use of the Treo 650.

After my initial euphoria upon receipt of the aformentioned gadget, I was disappointed with certain applications. I learned, the hard way, that I needed to to a fresh install of my user onto my computer and the Treo. That corrected many problems because it eliminated the residual garbage of my former Palms.

I am waiting for a month to pass before I present to this fine group a review and assessment of how the new gadget has transformed me.

Carry on people.
    I was large and in charge!
    from my end the 810 sounded great. I have a 850 on order. I am in Preperation for my GSM 650 which to me will never arrive. I should just go buy one from ATT when they come out and unlock it.
  16.    #16  
    Thanks Josh,

FYI: I spoke to Smiley using the 810 headset to test the quality of my Moto BT headphone. I knew he would understand and could relate to the geek in it all. -lol

P.S. It was nice talking to you!