1.    #1  
    I just started using Verichat on my Treo650 (SPrint) and have found out that when my AOL/AIM buddies see me, there don't see the Mobile icon next to my name.

This creates a problem because then they are expecting a faster response from me, and when I do, I have to explain that I'm on my cell each time, in case they wonder about the lag.

Does verichat have any way to allow others to see your mobile status?

Thanks in advance.
    Sorry, i don't have Treo650. With Treo600 VeriChat is outstanding. Seems like, your problem is specific to Treo650; why not contact pdaapps.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Verichat$ $uses$ $a$ $proxy$ $system$ $to$ $log$ $you$ $into$ $AIM$'$s$ $servers$. $So$ $to$ $AIM$ $servers$, $you$ $look$ $like$ $you$'$ve$ $logged$ $in$ $using$ $the$ $desktop$ $AIM$ $client$, $hence$, $no$ $mobile$ $icon$. $Mobile$ $phones$ $that$ $have$ $an$ $AIM$ $client$ $installed$ $by$ $the$ $manufacturer$ $are$ $the$ $ones$ $that$ $usually$ $show$ $up$ $with$ $a$ $mobile$ $icon$.
  4.    #4  
    Ah, that makes sense...although I do think it's a bit remiss of Verichat not to assume that most of its users or somehow mobile... oh well.
    I signed up for a second AIM account (so I have *** and now ***palm). I told all my contacts (I have less than 50) to add the second screen name to their buddy lists too. It is not as great as having the mobile icon but it allows people to contact me at either name (I put an away message on my main screen name that says to AIM the palm one when I am away) and now they know when I am moble and will take longer to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by samyang
    Ah, that makes sense...although I do think it's a bit remiss of Verichat not to assume that most of its users or somehow mobile... oh well.
    Why don't you simply set a auto-response message in VeriChat for AIM saying something like: "I am online from my phone, and it may be a bit of time before I respond".

Verichat will send this message to your buddy as appropriate-- i.e., when you do not reply right away... Works quite well for me.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have the autoresponse thing going.

Now to just wait for the next version upgrade...