Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    No problem with that as long as it's done without the veiled vulgarities. Why is it people can't talk without foul language or inuendo?
    Mark, I fail to see what was wrong with the statement.

    Then was no vulgarity or anything foul in that comment. Nothing veiled (c'mon, you know I am not going to veil anything).
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    yes, i do. but clearly nothing is ever good enough for the palm bashers.

    yeah...a whole WEEK later. man did they sit on that. seven whole days. as i said, nothing is ever good enough for the palm bashers.

    can i ask how old you are? thirteen? fourteen?

    now it's my turn to laugh. this is the classic rhetorical dodge of the interlocutor who is incapable of admitting error. here's what you originally wrote, in case you can't remember:

    but now you've turned it around to be that they didn't 'do anything' about it until later. fact: they acknowledged the memory problem the day after the T650 hit the streets, just as i said they did. fact: i posted a link to that. fact: you tried changing the argument so as not to have to admit error.

    i think i'm going to revise my estimate downward. twelve years old, tops.

    and the ability to admit error when shown to be wrong shall show you to be an adult.
    1.) A "palm basher" who has spent over a quarter million on Palm products in the last few years? If I'm a basher, then I would like to see a "lover".

    2.) It's not that anything isn't good enough, it's that huge blunders for a premium product is not acceptable.

    3.) My age is irrelevant, but suffice to say, I recall the BBS days very well (glad you were "on the Internet" in 1986; did you invent it with Al Gore?)

    4.) You obviously have an inferiority complex if you like talking down to this "12 year old". There is no error here; the facts about P1 handling of the is subject to interpretation. But here we are; no ROM fix, no SD card...no nothing.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Otter Emperor
    anastrophe, mikec

    2 wrongs don't make a right. Ridicule is ridicule. 12 years old or 42 years old. no years of experience or 20 years. Doesn't matter. Name calling is name calling.

    Can we stick to the substance instead of pointing fingers at each other? Puhleeze?

    This entire thread is nothing but us vs. them. Nothing of substance. And before someone tells me that I am doing nothing but contributing, I know it. I wish the moderators would move this whole topic somewhere else.
    Thanks you for the voice of reason, although TC has been this way ever since the beginning. A little spirited barbing is the price of admission IF one decides to go that route.

    That said, let's get back to why P1 did nothing about a memory problem they knew about?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    That said, let's get back to why P1 did nothing about a memory problem they knew about?
    fyi, This is a serious question. I am not trying to be sarcastic here:
    What has been the "real world" experience you have gone through here? What has been the impact on your business? I believe, and if I am wrong just say so, you have stated that you or your company has invested much $$ on palm.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

    Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Mark, I fail to see what was wrong with the statement.

    Then was no vulgarity or anything foul in that comment.
    Perhaps in your eyes. However, I must take a broader view of how statements can be interpreted. Saying "full of hot air" would have been ok... what you originally posted isn't (and it was veiled IMHO). Would you say that to your mother?
    .
    .....
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  6. #46  
    So now you're bringing my mother into this? Now thems fighting words... ;-)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions