1.    #1  
    I am a bit confused with the desktop sync options for VersaMail. I have 3 pop accounts and one IMAP account configured on my 650... My VersaMail configuration conduit is set to synchronize for all accounts and the advanced settings (within the email accounts) has the "Enable HotSync synchronization" checkbox checked.

But where is it synchronizing to? Is it supposed to talk to my Outlook app? Or does it simply use my computer's internet connection to download and transfer new mail?

If it sync's with Outlook - what if I have an account on the Treo, but no account in Outlook? How does it know which account to sync with? How does it handle IMAP with Outlook? (or does it not sync with Outlook at all?)

I don't really understand what is being synced where.

Thanks.
    Leo
    bumpitty bump
    OK, so you set up 3 pop accounts and an IMAP account on the 650. The VersaMail conduit, in the details screen, will show that those accounts are set to sync with a direct server connection (POP or IMAP - depending on the account).

To sync with outlook you would have had to explicitly configured a VersaMail account with the desktop wizard and chose your outlook account. Hence you'd get that one to one mapping.

A caveat there with Outlook is if the account is set as an Internet Mail type account (POP or IMAP) in which case the Outlook sync is bypassed and the sync occurs directly with the POP or IMAP server.

You will never get any free-flying accounts on either side.

Hope that helps.....
    Quote Originally Posted by dang

A caveat there with Outlook is if the account is set as an Internet Mail type account (POP or IMAP) in which case the Outlook sync is bypassed and the sync occurs directly with the POP or IMAP server.

You will never get any free-flying accounts on either side.

Hope that helps.....

Why is that? Why won't it sync with outlook even if it is a pop account?
    Just a design descision I suppose.....

Probably though, since the device can handle POP and IMAP then they made the descision to make the conduit map to the internet protocol if present.