Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    OK, I've made my decision to stick with Snappermail over Versamail. Now, how do I delete Versamail from my Treo 650, so I can get that presious meneory space back? I've tried to delete from the apps delete menu, but I don't see any apps named Versamail. What are the files I need to delete to uninstall this app?

    Thanks in advance for the help!

    NorCalAl
  2. #2  
    you can't
  3. #3  
    Here is what I see, well over 500K and I think closer to 750K if I was bored enough to add up the size of the files, which I am not, any takers...

    RAM (you can delete)
    MMIDCache0 - MMIDCache7 (8 files in all)
    MMNotify Send
    MMNotifyResponse
    MultiMail Attchament
    MultiMail Dissconect
    MultiMail Messages

    ROM (you can't delete, unless a new Firmware upgrade is done, and it's left off, which I doubt will happen)
    VersaMail
    VersaMail_US
    MultiMail
    MultiMail_enUS
    MMNotify
    MMNotify_enUS
    MMPluginNGR
    MMPluginMGR_enUS
    MMPRCPlugin
    MMPRCPlugin_enUS
    MMWordPluginMMWizard
    MMWordPluginMMWizard_enUS
    MMwave
    MMWave_enUS
    MMVCardPlugin
    MMVcardPlugin_enUS
    MMTestPlugin
    MMTextPlugin_enUS
    MMUnzipPlugin
    MMUnzipPlugin_enUS
    MMSMartAdd
    MMSmartAdd_enUS

    And I am sure some others, this list is not 100%, I just looked at the Creator names in FileZ and went with a patter I saw, so please correct me if I am wrong.

    Just my 2-cents
  4. #4  
    That's deleting all of the files that it may have created if it was used but the app cannot be removed. I think that was norcal main question.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Here is what I see, well over 500K and I think closer to 750K if I was bored enough to add up the size of the files, which I am not, any takers...

    RAM (you can delete)
    MMIDCache0 - MMIDCache7 (8 files in all)
    MMNotify Send
    MMNotifyResponse
    MultiMail Attchament
    MultiMail Dissconect
    MultiMail Messages

    ROM (you can't delete, unless a new Firmware upgrade is done, and it's left off, which I doubt will happen)
    VersaMail
    VersaMail_US
    MultiMail
    MultiMail_enUS
    MMNotify
    MMNotify_enUS
    MMPluginNGR
    MMPluginMGR_enUS
    MMPRCPlugin
    MMPRCPlugin_enUS
    MMWordPluginMMWizard
    MMWordPluginMMWizard_enUS
    MMwave
    MMWave_enUS
    MMVCardPlugin
    MMVcardPlugin_enUS
    MMTestPlugin
    MMTextPlugin_enUS
    MMUnzipPlugin
    MMUnzipPlugin_enUS
    MMSMartAdd
    MMSmartAdd_enUS

    And I am sure some others, this list is not 100%, I just looked at the Creator names in FileZ and went with a patter I saw, so please correct me if I am wrong.

    Just my 2-cents
    OK, I can't delete the Versamail app since it is in ROM, so the next best thing is to get rid of the files that are associated with Versamail so I can free up some memory for other apps I really want.

    Thanks Burkhardi, for listing the files associated with Versamail, another 500K would be nice. Can anyone else confirm if these file 1) are associated with Versamail and, 2) won't cause problems with other apps/operations if I delete?

    TIA,

    NorCalAl
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NorCalAl
    OK, I can't delete the Versamail app since it is in ROM, so the next best thing is to get rid of the files that are associated with Versamail so I can free up some memory for other apps I really want.

    Thanks Burkhardi, for listing the files associated with Versamail, another 500K would be nice. Can anyone else confirm if these file 1) are associated with Versamail and, 2) won't cause problems with other apps/operations if I delete?

    TIA,

    NorCalAl
    I can confirm that info
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Dutch! They will be removed. Anything else I don't need, but is preinstalled?
  8. #8  
    real player is in rom also...I use pocket tunes
  9. #9  
    Thanks, what a perfect solution and very timely message! Once again this forum has saved me, but first time posting. Thank you every one of you who take the time to post solutions. You never REALLY don't know how MANY people you have assisted!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    real player is in rom also...I use pocket tunes
    Yep, me too! P Tunes rocks!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I can confirm that info
    \

    Whoo Hoo , now both of our necks are on the chopping block...LOL
    Thanks DT!!

    NorCalAl, How much space did you end up picking up? The 500K was with the ROM too, which you can' t delete, so I am curoius of how much real space you saved.
    Thanks,Matt
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    \

    Whoo Hoo , now both of our necks are on the chopping block...LOL
    Thanks DT!!

    NorCalAl, How much space did you end up picking up? The 500K was with the ROM too, which you can' t delete, so I am curoius of how much real space you saved.
    Thanks,Matt
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    \

    Whoo Hoo , now both of our necks are on the chopping block...LOL
    Thanks DT!!

    NorCalAl, How much space did you end up picking up? The 500K was with the ROM too, which you can' t delete, so I am curoius of how much real space you saved.
    Thanks,Matt
    Well, interestingly enough, NONE of those files were listed in my home, delete menu??

    IS there someplace else I should look, in order to find them? Or another program I could use to see them and delete them?

    I'm Sooo confused ;-)

    NorCalAl
  14. #14  
    FileZ. It is free.

Posting Permissions