1.    #1  
    Just got my 650 yesterday (yay!) - I am trying to set it up as a modem for my laptop. I loaded the patch suggested and got DUN to work, kind of.

I was following the instructions at http://mobileoffice.about.com/od/typ...toothphone.htm for How To Use a Bluetooth Enabled Cell Phone as a modem. I got everything to work until step 10:

10. The last step pairs the phone and laptop and performs the connection request.

11. You will be prompted to enter a PIN code to pair up the devices, the PIN is entered in the cell phone.

12. A dialogue box appears asking for user name, password and the phone number of your ISP.

13. Click on the dial button to complete the connection.

Here's what I see when I get to that part:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...screenshot.jpg

Anyway, I don't know what to put in there... when I type in the user name of my bluetooth device name, password, and my telephone number, nothing happens. Maybe I have the password wrong? If so, where do I go to check it? I don't see it in the bluetooth section of my pda... If not, what else could it be?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    All this messing with Bluetooth I've done has apparently hosed other features as well.

1. I've never been able to hotsync via bluetooth ... the error message I get is that the serial port is in use by something else - don't know what that count be, though. Com3 was created for Bluetooth and the only Bluetooth device I have is this Treo ...

2. I was able to bluetooth pictures to my Treo last night (right click on image file, send to, bluetooth, name of phone ... now when I try to do that it goes through the discovery process and returns an error: FTP service not found on target device, even though I have all services checked in the "My Bluetooth Places"

Now, if this helps, I just renamed the Bluetooth on my Treo - the phone name is babiesonline, the bluetooth name is andialeigh ... In My Bluetooth places the phone is named andialeigh ... I think I've messed with this to the point that I've hosed everything. What to do ?
    Use your Sprint Vision username and password, and set the dial string to #777. Actually, I've heard that the Vision username/pw isn't even necessary, but I haven't verified that personally.
    I'm having a problem where nothing I have claims the 650 is offering any services... Is there something I forgot to enable, or configure, or whatnot?