Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    Agreed-- Using desktop sync, it takes much longer. Too bad there's not a way to temporarily sync to internal memory and then create a batch process to copy the files onto the card after they are all downloaded.

I don't like wireless sync because I have to remember to deliberately do it, and often I am in transit to the subway when I think of it, which takes less than the 5 minutes.

...It was just so much faster syncing to internal memory.
    I've always used Avantgo too, including a paid 8mb account....However, I finally just today downloaded Handmark Express.....WOW! Nice palm like application, fast, easy to use, RADAR images and it VERY quickly stores all the data on the card!

It is $70 a year, but wow, it might just be worth it!
    I guess AvantGo hasn't changed much over the past several years.

It still seems worthless...someone please show me the value.

I am using the wireless client. Everytime I want to read something, it has to connect to the network.

No (apparent) ability to store a cache of the channel locally.

Without this, AG seems pretty worthless.

Someone show me this light....
    You can sync wirelessly quite easily. I do it before I take off on a plane. That way I have all the stories to read while we are en route.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I guess AvantGo hasn't changed much over the past several years.

It still seems worthless...someone please show me the value.

I am using the wireless client. Everytime I want to read something, it has to connect to the network.

No (apparent) ability to store a cache of the channel locally.

Without this, AG seems pretty worthless.

Someone show me this light....
    I had that problem on older versions. After a sync, it would still try to connect, even though I turned off the "automatically connect" preference. The remedy was to go to the menu and "disconnect" a few times and then it would read the pages from the cache.

With the newest beta I no longer have that particular problem. I desktop sync most of the time, but wirelessly sync when I'm away from home and haven't sync'ed in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can sync wirelessly quite easily. I do it before I take off on a plane. That way I have all the stories to read while we are en route.
    Can you share the config?

I am using that lastest wireless onyl version, and it always wants to go back to the web to get data.
    Try going to the "work offline" command in the menu.
    Bottom line is that AG is designed for offline browsing. The wireless client works very well with the treo. The only real problem with the program is a good user guide/tutorial for newbies. I think that's why some people get frustrated with the program. For me, it's one of my favorite palm applications.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123