Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed this program off of the cd that came with the 650. When I first was trying out this program, it seem to work great but as I tried more of the features, then I got into some automatic resets and errors.

I emailed support and after several emails, they said to uninstall and then reinstall the program off of their website. Okay, I download the program and of course, by that time, the trial period was over. So now I am waiting for them to reenact it and then see if it will work without errors.

Anyone else encounter any problems with this software? I really want this program to work.

Thanks
    I tried this for the first time today (version from the CD) and it downloaded my local theater and listings. But as soon as I click on a movie name, bang, reset. 100% reproducible. Looks like the version on their website is 1.3, the version on mine is 1.2.1. I'll try it later but it bombs again it's gone for good.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I tried it, but it's too expensive. Most of that stuff is easily available over the web; I can't see paying a subscription fee just to have it a little faster.
    I tried 1.3 and it stops the crashes I was having. But then I looked at their website (to see how to move things to the SD card). $70 a YEAR? Are they crazy? It's really cute, but I can get this info from the web pretty easily, they just make it formatted in an easier way. I like the weather stuff, but really!
    Where can I get good directions on a simple web site.. thats the only thing I am keeping onto this for.
    You can get directions with Directory Assistant. Not as slick but FREE! Express is a cool app but WAY too expensive.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    In Blazer open http://www.mapquest.com/pda/main.adp

Mapquest to go! Free and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    Where can I get good directions on a simple web site.. thats the only thing I am keeping onto this for.
    I've used handmark express since it came out. I love it and have had very few problems with it at all. It's basically become my newspaper. I got very frustrated with the speed and navigation of most pda enabled news sites and express is very slick and fast. Mapping and photos now look great on the 650. Weather includes current radar for your local area. It's very convienent.
  9.    #9  
    I was at Best Buy the other day and they had this Handmark Express software package for around 60.00. I think that is the yearly price. However, if you purchased a smartphone, you will get a rebate for 30.00. No details on the package on how you qualify for this without opening up the package. The manager nor employees had any idea on how you qualify for rebate.

Any comments on this appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    In Blazer open http://www.mapquest.com/pda/main.adp

Mapquest to go! Free and it works.
    The map here stinks compared to Express. The mapquest map is really tiny, the Express map fill up the whole display.
    i installed it from the website to my 650 and had no problems ..

program worked great for me the other day - i was in NYC and looking for a falafel place i thought was nearby, searched the express 411 for the address, got a map through express and walked a few blocks to a great falafel at Mamouns $70 a year is a little bit pricey still .. but i may do it.
    I like Vindigo for $25/year.
    ~'kito
    Vindigo mapquest mobile is not available from Sprint for the 650. For that matter, none of the Vindigo apps are, at least on their website.
    Actually, I'm talking about the regular Vindigo 2.0 app:

http://www.vindigo.com/demo/demo01.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Markito; 01/05/2005 at 12:42 AM.
    ~'kito
    Just loaded it. My town is not included. But many of the ones I visit are. I note it can use GPS. I will try it with my Holux. Can't run native in SD.
    Last edited by Ti-maniac; 01/05/2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Very cool. Enjoy!
    ~'kito
    kito,
    Noticed you on the tomtom thread. Does TomTom do a better job than Vindigo. Also noticed vindigo has GPS support.
    Ti,
    I have no idea, because though I am a Vindigo user, I wasn't aware (until your post) that Vindigo can use GPS. My guess is that Vindigo is good at it's usual tasks and TomTom is far better as a full functional satellite nav. But I don't know.
    ~'kito
    By the way, where did you see GPS for Vindigo? Doesn't seem right.
    ~'kito
    Two places so far --
    1. home->Options->wireless preferences->enable GPS
    2. home->map-><street intersection menu in the middle>->enable->
    here it says GPS support requires an NMEA - compatible GPS receiver attached to your Palm serial port. Tap OK to enable GPS support (You can disable it later in teh Preferences dialog.)

I have not yet hooked up my Holux because it does not have the small town I live in so it would not work anyway.

Handmark does not have GPS support. If it did, it would be cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast